Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Couple personal stories.  (Read 2083 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Couple personal stories.
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
First, my friend here in Dallas loves 4 strokes, but still never hated 2 strokes. He was just a 4 stroke junky and we argue back and forth about costs, problems etc. He usually has the 4 strokes don't cost any more attitude.  We argue about the 2 strokes being killed off and he usually calls me a conspiracy person bla bla bla.  But we've always been civil about it.  Anyways, the other day he calls me up and tells me, "I'm trying to figure out how to repay you for selling me this DRZ400."  (I sold it to him not running, so he knew, that's what he does, buys broke 4 strokes and fixes them)  I'm like what's wrong.  He can't figure out why it jumps teeth on the cam chain. He said he also found a oil pump gear was all stripped off and so no oil would be getting up to the topend.  Long story short, he isn't a 2 stroke switch still. But I got him good this day.  I said, "2 strokes."  He said, why what does that matter?  I said, "Ummm, tell me what parts in that DRZ that are messed up, would be in the 2 stroke."  He thought for a second, and said, yeah you got me.

2nd story
I bought a 86 XL600R to ride back and forth to ride. Though it does what I want and I get great fuel mileage. I started feeling more and more how a 450F feels as far as power. It has plenty of power, and runs great. But it seriously is just a boring feeling.  When people talked about the fun factor, I didn't really relate since I have only ridden a few 4 stroke offroad bikes. This bike isn't really an offroad per say, but the power is very comparable to the 450F's I've ridden.  it is just boring.  I actually thought my 500af was comparable to the 450F's, until I really started comparing how they feel. It is not...
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Re: Couple personal stories.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:40 PM »
Ya right there..............four strokes are boring arent they, its just roll it on, minimal clutch work, crappy, deafening sound comin out the back......................makin me very excited for ridin this weekend...............cant wait to hear that 250 again, seems like an eternity..
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Back in the summer of 2006 I was doing some refit work for a company in my area and I got to know a guy working there. When he found out that I was an "offroader" he asked me for some advice about his son. Turns out his son had saved up money for a 250F, his mother making up the balance,bought a fairly new bike and three months down the road the rod snaps and cuts the motor in half.Gets a repair estimate for more than what they paid for the bike. The guy feels sorry for his son, lends him some more money and his son promptly buys another 250F. Rod snaps again and cuts the second motor in half. Now he has two dead fourstrokes and nothing to show for it and completely bewildered asks me what he should do? I advised him to buy either a SX250 or YZ250 two stroke and off they go to the bike shop to buy yet another motorcycle. They finally track down an SX250 (they were sold out) and the kid hasn't had a problem since - the bike has been "bullet proof".

What did we do with the 250Fs? I stuck chinese Lifan 200 engines in for the guy and he uses them for camplng bikes. So far the Lifans have stayed in one piece.

Oh and by the way,when they purchased the SX250 a family freind bought a 450F - which promptly blew!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
We know of two guys who own YZ426Fs, and neither of them run at the moment.  I think the problem is actually in the transmission or something, but still, that's two of the same bike down with the same problem.  Meanwhile, my uncle's got an '81 430 Husky which was found to be faster than the YZF (which surprised the hell out of its owner) and it's only got one problem.  After 29 years, it needs a new set of clutch plates.  This will be the first time Scott has ever had to replace a Husky clutch.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
couldn't agree more miedosoracing. the first time i rode someone's 250F at the track i thought "you're kidding me, right?" this thing is an XR (without the engine reliability) with good suspension. it's just not my bag. now i see people ride these things fast as hell but it seemed so slow.