Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Took 3rd overall this weekend on my YZ  (Read 2505 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
Took 3rd overall this weekend on my YZ
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
so as most of you know i do a lot of racing, nearly every weekend at that, and honestly i am 1 of very few left on a 2stroke in norcal  >:D. no big deal, im all for a challenge that was part of my reasoning for going back to the smoker. well things have been going great this season, 3 weeks ago i got my first overall win in 30 int or b class, and 2 weeks ago i raced a 250f open class and took 8th out of 25 kIDS, im 32 and the rest of the pack was average age of 15-16 and all on 250f's. i also qualified at hangtown for the honeylake loretta regional on a gate full of 450's and last weekend i raced the 2 day OTHG sierra vet national and took 3rd overall for the weekend against a line of 4pigs. woo hoo!!!! i have got to admit that i am getting a tremendous amount of attention and track side support. its great!!! i have a great group i race with but many outsiders are coming up to me and asking questions. the main question is why? i never really know how to answer them. i usally just tell them its because of the fun factor. then i explain the cost of maintaining etc... the people usally ask me what year my bike is and are blown away when i tell them its a 2009 yz 250 :o i had about a dozen or so riders this past weekend from different classes tell me they were cheering me on and they just loved the way my bike sounded ripping up the hills at hangtown, lol. i love it!!! i have a lot of racing left ahead of me this year and my goal is to win a vet national. anyway ill report back in as the season progresses and let you know whats going on out there at the races and in the pits of us true privateer warriors ;D in the mean time keep it on 2 wheels and dont forget to keep the revolution moving forward in a positive way. 

lates Bryan 512b.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Took 3rd overall this weekend on my YZ
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »
Good on ya mate.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Congratulations!! Sounds like you are doing better than you expected.

In addition you have found out the really fun part of racing a two-stroke... more people support you than you ever thought possible!!

As for what to tell people when they ask why... we always change what we say, but we aim for funny more than explanations. You can see people's eyes glazed over when you start using logic and reason. But say something funny... their eyes light up, they smile and you made their day....

Answers like... well now when  tell my buddies how I went into the corner I go Brappppp! instead of getting them all wet!  :o :o

Okay that one is kinda lame, but you get the idea.....

When other racers ask us why the two-stroke, we ask why do you need a handi-cap? It's called the 125 class and your racing a 250, why you cheating?

But you can just tell them the truth... because it's so much fun. Fun to beat larger bikes, fun to ride and fun to have so many people come up and introduce themselves.

Enjoy!

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »
YEE HAA, nice one westsiderippa! Smoke those chumps.
It's guy's like you out there getting results thats gonna turn the tide.
Respect!
oh and GO project two 50,

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
Good story. Succes and beat those 4 strokes please.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
Love the story mate, way to go showin them four pigs a thing or two.
Good luck in getin that Vet national win, ya know we all here will be cheerin ya on..
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »
Congrats.The power of Blue baby...oh yeah.... 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.