Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 45+ racing  (Read 12013 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »
At least on the bike they'd wrap themselves around the grip?Lol,that's hardcore shanes,good on you. 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »
At least on the bike they'd wrap themselves around the grip?Lol,that's hardcore shanes,good on you. 8)

Yeah theres always a silver lining :D

Yeah  there,s  injurys  that  effect  your  riding  for sure.  My  last  spell  under the knife  was  left elbow  tommy johns  surgery,  outside  of  elbow  insision  they  relieve  the  tendons  and  drill  holes  in the bone.  Next is  a  2in  incision   over  the funny  bone,  where  they  work  on the  nerve.   The  surgeon  said  he never  saw   the   nerve  so tight,  my hand- fingers  was   going  crazy  during  surgery.  Over  1 year  later   from  my wrist  to  half  my  fingers  are  still  numb,  yeah  not  good.  The  outside  of  your hand  is  what  grips  the bars.  The  aztalan  track   in  Lake  Mills   has  a   very  competive  40   and  45  classes,  when  servere  weather  isn,t  threatening.  They  have  a full  gate  for  40+,  riders   that   finish  top 5  at  LL  don,t  win   here.  If   your  racing  for  a top  finish, you,ll  fight  for it.   For  what ever  reason,  riders   short  out  at this track,  in  the 55 +  class   a rider  was  run  over  twice  in  the 1st  corner,  there,s   paremedics   working   on him.  Then  a  450  rider  that  was  stuck in the  gate ,  about  2  minutes  later   runs  him over  going  wideopen.  Nobody  could  believe  it,  the  medics  jumped  out of the way.  It was  the  dumbest  thing  you,d  ever seen,  the   rider,s  been  in the hospital   since  9-9-2012.

had both of my elbows done triceps re attached , left one was the worst 9 years on and still numb and tingles in my 2 smallest fingers, but at least they work now i lost the use of them totally for a year after surgery they curled up always had to straighten them out and used to sit on them to keep them straight , at least on the bike they would wrap around the bar then selves :-}}

had my right done about 20 months ago then it snapped off again so had it re done again 8/9 weeks latter seams ok now

it looks like a fun job fixing them

You have endured a ridiculous amount of pain. How are you still in one piece?  :o

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
shanes, they ruined your ink.
I'd show you all my trophy's, but I can't remember where I put them?
you know where trophys belong? thats right, on the dashboard!
....or on a big fat gold chain around your neck !!
funny shit right there.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
  Dam Shanes  that,s  gross, I  don,t  know  what it is, but  I  can,t   look  at  pics  like that.  But  in  real  life  it doesn,t   bother me.  I,ve  been  on  the scene  of  bad  wrecks  b4   the  paremedics,  I remember  this  one  guy the   front  of  his  head  was   like it was  blown off,  his  face  the  bones  and all  where  gone.  He  was  in  a  small  car,  the drivers  seat   was   jammed into  the  rear  seat.  The  lady  he hit  head  on  was  in  a  G20  chevy van,  she  had  a   broken  femur, and a    bad heart.   She,s   sceaming   and   panicked   along  with  her  2  teenage  kids  following  her.   I  found  her  heart pills,ran to the truck  4 water.   Bottom  line  driving  is  very dangerous, even  in  a  rv  or   semi,  759  truck drivers  where   killed  driving  last  year.  That,s  hundreds  more  than  anyother  job,  it,s  getting crazy  out there,  be safe   all.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
  Dam Shanes  that,s  gross, I  don,t  know  what it is, but  I  can,t   look  at  pics  like that.  But  in  real  life  it doesn,t   bother me.  I,ve  been  on  the scene  of  bad  wrecks  b4   the  paremedics,  I remember  this  one  guy the   front  of  his  head  was   like it was  blown off,  his  face  the  bones  and all  where  gone.  He  was  in  a  small  car,  the drivers  seat   was   jammed into  the  rear  seat.  The  lady  he hit  head  on  was  in  a  G20  chevy van,  she  had  a   broken  femur, and a    bad heart.   She,s   sceaming   and   panicked   along  with  her  2  teenage  kids  following  her.   I  found  her  heart pills,ran to the truck  4 water.   Bottom  line  driving  is  very dangerous, even  in  a  rv  or   semi,  759  truck drivers  where   killed  driving  last  year.  That,s  hundreds  more  than  anyother  job,  it,s  getting crazy  out there,  be safe   all.

You're not wrong mate. Here in Aus there is a place between Brisbane (Capital of Queensland) and my town called cunninghams gap. Theres a single corner on that range that has claimed 8 truckies. Just one corner. Australia has one of the highest road fatality rates in the world. You should see the roads we drive regularly, there are actually potholes in some of the most used highways. Oh and peoples driving skill here? You might as well as the cat.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »
You have endured a ridiculous amount of pain. How are you still in one piece?  :o

i am pretty much screwed together , in the last 30 years of racing i have had a few injuries but during those years race MX , SX , 250 GP , Superbikes and supermoto

quick list 47 breaks and fractures , 26 concussions , 3-4 total amnesia - lost more and a few days here and there and cant really remember being a kid any more . 3 x ACL - 1 left 2x right , 5 other knees surges cleaning bits up . was in icu in a coma for 3 days after i died on the table during the 4th surgery in 9-10 hours as they where trying to put me back together .

you can see why i retired from racing at the end of the season in 2009 as i had turned 40 that year , i still run a good pace on any type of bike but really the old body cant afford to get broken to much any more . so i can ride mx and superbikes on track days run around at 90 % without have to push it 100%+ as you do when racing . i am really enjoying riding gain more than i have in years a lot of stress and pressure in racing to perform , my biggest problem is i hate to loose and will normally crash trying to win rather than take a podium :-}}

props to you guys still racing at 40 +  its great to see , but ill ride with you at the practice days :-}} 

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 12:28:24 AM »
bet you wish you were this guy.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »

i am pretty much screwed together , in the last 30 years of racing i have had a few injuries but during those years race MX , SX , 250 GP , Superbikes and supermoto

quick list 47 breaks and fractures , 26 concussions , 3-4 total amnesia - lost more and a few days here and there and cant really remember being a kid any more . 3 x ACL - 1 left 2x right , 5 other knees surges cleaning bits up . was in icu in a coma for 3 days after i died on the table during the 4th surgery in 9-10 hours as they where trying to put me back together .

you can see why i retired from racing at the end of the season in 2009 as i had turned 40 that year , i still run a good pace on any type of bike but really the old body cant afford to get broken to much any more . so i can ride mx and superbikes on track days run around at 90 % without have to push it 100%+ as you do when racing . i am really enjoying riding gain more than i have in years a lot of stress and pressure in racing to perform , my biggest problem is i hate to loose and will normally crash trying to win rather than take a podium :-}}

props to you guys still racing at 40 +  its great to see , but ill ride with you at the practice days :-}} 

I think I'll start calling you darth vader...  ;)

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »
Shanes, you're a beast!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
bet you wish you were this guy.

Now that's funny...  I think we're showing some age here at I remember watching that show as a kid...
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
45+ racing
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
  Wow  26  concusions , you must have been  going  for it.  I  had  about  5 ,  only  1  from racing.  That  kinda  sucked  having  double  vision  for  weeks,  had  to close  1 eye  to  function  at  my  construction  job  surveying, and  equiptment  operating.  Hey  STU     I  saw   that   Australian  supertrucker   reality  show,  or clips  of it on  youtube.  They  have  like  8 million  hits,  road  trains   driving  threw  rivers   doing  80 mph,  crazyest  stuff  I,ve ever  seen.   Your  mind   doesn,t  have  trucks  crossing  rivers  in it,  just  like  a 1,000  foot  ship  traveling  across  land.