Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TMX "If you could change one thing about Mx"  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
TMX "If you could change one thing about Mx"
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
i wasn't bagging on you stu :)

I know, once again I've typed like I'm speaking and forget that its impossible to convey tone. Sorry  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
 250f  class  winner   might  only  get  2,500   in  purse  money,  but they  get  40-60k  bonus  from  there  team.  In  the 2-st   days   the team bonus  was   around   6k.   The  3 digit   pros   at   supercross   now  are  mega  rich  folks,  98 %  of  them  atleast.

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
Instead of whinging they should put themselves through a PR school and learn how to speak in front of a camera. When sponsors see the riders are marketable they start to invest in the class. Geez who was the poor fellow with the manscaped eyebrows?

I could see a rider getting a bonus for winning series but not a race, most time win money is pooled and shared between the team.

Offline vetman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »
Damn right on the pr and marketing, we have a rider down here not a youngster,now he has skill has a win record but has landed a team slot obviously for riding but more so because hes awesome off the track,he gets out helps the youngsters,will help the local up and comers offer advice,trains like a demon  and a very rare word in mx a role model .If you cant sell yourself and promote the sport and team you work for then go and find another career there is so much more than riding fast, do all of this properly then you might have a reason to bitch about low pay

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 04:53:43 AM »
  The  riders   have  to  attend   pr  training ,  even  snocross   riders  have to.  Todays  riders   think  there  above  everything,   very  dull  group,  bunch  of robots,  4-st  riders  what   do  ya  expect.  Stewart   is  the only 1  with  half   a personatily   and  that  isn,t much.  haha   Nick  Wey  and  Stewart   are  the  ones   to  even  have  a thought,  it,s   cool  that  they  agree  that   a  2-st  are   better  for  everyone.

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
Yes, I can see where the pay would kinda suck but they get kickback, and alot of it, from sponsors  if the they podium. I know of one rider who won a race and got a $36,000 check from GOPRO because he was sponsored AND was wearing it when he won.

Think about it. Stu made $10M in one year. You know darn well cry-baby Barcia is raking in the $$$,$$$.

Also, Gear, goggles, boots etc are given to alot of the riders.
As an ex-business owner, I was able to afford small things to sponsor racers, it was a tax write-off. A good friend of mine has his own business and sponsored his son and wrote off $27,000. That was bikes, parts, repairs, racing, travel, food and training at MTF.
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »
I'm sick of pro athlete's crying about the money they make. All of them are over paid. How many of us amateur rider's get more than a crappy trophy for our love and decication to moto-x. I have a old motocross action magazine that talk's about how much is added to the cost of my bike to support a pro rider's racing effort and my 2007 honda cr125 cost 5,500 dollar's and they talked like 2,500 dollar's is what's added to my bike. So i guess my bike should of cost me 3,000 dollar's...

I'll try and find that old m.x a. mag. I think the article was titled ricky can't sell. Anybody remember the article i'm talking about??? KIM