Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Our new track  (Read 7662 times)

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
well after laying it out with a mate 2 weeks ago , i went and seen it yesterday boys have done a great job its cost us just 3000 dollars so far but we have 9 of us that have put in an equal amount , we have built a 2 km MX track and a 8 km enduro loop . everyone will be welcome to ride but we will charge 10 a day for enduro and 15 a day for mx track this is to cover the cost of up keep .

i will get some pics on the weekend on the first ride , the jumps still need a lot of work as the dozer and excavator we had build them where very big and they had never built a track before , so we have a bobcat booked in for 8 am tomorrow to clean and shape the jumps its the ramps that need the most work to get the angles right  , will also just tidy up some of the corners

there is a 28 meter tabletop , a huge camel style set up about 5-6 meters high , a wave section , whoops ,4 smaller table tops and a huge setup style double all look doable once we clean them up apart from the double we need to do a lot of work before anyone tries that or they will die

as normal we had a lot of talkers {over 20 }but when it came to the crunch only 9 of us put in but you get that , at least we will have a full size mx track and enduro loop to play on every close by at last.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
where is this located shanes?

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »
its a long way from you  :o

i am living and working in Jakarta Indonesia , there are a few tracks here but all very short and no fast stuff , jumps are all have vertical faces so a few of us got together to build a more american style track with some 3rd 4th gear stuff and more flowing , instead of the stop start 2nd gear tracks they have here

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »
sounds awesome, mark it on the member map so we can see where it's at
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
yeah i know, just thought some in your part of the world would like to know. good luck with this shanes.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Sounds great shanes.Our practice track was a few years in the making with two of us just picking at it as time allowed.
It's amazing how many people bail when it comes right down to it isn't it?Pics? 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:14 PM »
well it was a good day yesterday got a lot done track should be done by tonight , sorry about the pics but only taken with my phone and the sun was going down , it has a pretty flow to it , whoops are very aggressive but we need to make the section longer , wave section is fun but it to is aggressive so hard to get through it fast needs to wear down a bit , the table top we have on one corner is very cool doesnt look much but you have to hit it at a big angle if you dont want to land off track :-}}

here is a side view of the tabletop its just over 28 meters long

heading up to it , it looks big

a bit dark but the side view of the double

should be fun , we will add some more to the landing today , hard to see the size but 6-7 foot high on take off

the step up

small table but with a steep face to give you some good pop

landing ramp of another table its a fun jump , i was playing on it just after it was finished

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »
Very cool, wish a few more people would do this here.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »
dirt looks nice and loamy.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:12:58 AM »
dirt looks nice and loamy.

it goes hard really quick , was out this morning track is so much fun :-} only one more jump to fix up and its finished .

jumped everything apart from the big double , they had only just finished it and the rain was on the way , i was still riding but everyone left apart from machine operators that where working , so didnt ant to take the chance incase i ****ed up as i dont speak indonesian .

guys coming out to shoot a commercial on tuesday so ill sneak off for the day and have anther ride

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
Nice.Looking good shanes. 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
post the commercial if you can.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »
Looks awesome  ;D I tried making one but the material I got was no good, it wouldn't compact enough to make a decent jump or and give real traction with out caking up the tires. I plan to try again in the spring when I get the town sand shipped in to mix with the old stuff. Have fun with it man, it looks sweet.

Out of curiosity, what kind of machinery did you use to make this?

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »
as for machinery we had a D7 dozer , 1 x 20 tone exc 1 x 30 tone exc , 20 dump truck and a Bob cat .

they wanted to alter some thing for the commercial , so the last 2 days they are paying for the equipment hire :-}}} and when done anything we dont like they will rebuild to how we want it , so far they have done great so i think there is only 1 jump we will have them change , but we made a deal with them that they will raise the height of the 28 meter table top and make it a bit wider , its good now but the landing ramp is only small so you have to be spot on will will get them to lift the back about 1.5 meters so its flat on the top and we get a bigger target to land on .

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Our new track
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
technical is good.