Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: boyesen powerwing / Scary fast power now  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Jesse162

• Novice
  • keepin the kx125
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Millers Hookit profile
boyesen powerwing / Scary fast power now
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
Ive seen both these product being sold, they have the same purpose and are installed somewhere in between airbox and carburator. Has anyone tested one of these and have advise weather it makes a noticable power increase or if it is a waste of money?
keepin the kx125, got a 2010kx250f now but everyone keeps askin when im selling the 125. I got no plans on selling it, too much fun to sell

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: boyesen powerwing / Scary fast power now
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »
Without additional modifications to the carb to take advantage of this mod, it would be akin to installing one of those turbine fans in the intake of your car. To say, not worth a darn.

Offline Rota Ash

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
what modifications can you do to your carb besides jetting?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 03:14:50 PM »
I had a set of slp's on my SX on the engine side of the carb.They work though the gain is small.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
What I'm finding is that there are very few bolt-on modifications that actually result in an increase in power... who'd have ever thought that??

These wings may do a little bit to help under certain conditions.

You're better off having your carb modded by someone with experience... the "wing" can help at half throttle settings...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
What I'm finding is that there are very few bolt-on modifications that actually result in an increase in power... who'd have ever thought that??
so true yet people will believe and try and spend $$$ on virtually anything bolt on to avoid the apparent horror of modifing the engine inside where the real power is made.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
When in doubt, supercharge it.  There would be a lot of porting and jetting needed to deal with that, not to mention some crazy voodoo to run the thing, but there would be a big increase in the cool factor!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »

RB Designs, for example, bores the carb to a larger diameter, installs the divider plate, reworks the idle circuit, and a few other little bits. Together with these mods, the "wing" can make an improvement in throttle response at openings below 1/2 throttle, and the overall larger diameter increases performance at larger throttle openings.

Offline Chokey

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »

RB Designs, for example, bores the carb to a larger diameter, installs the divider plate, reworks the idle circuit, and a few other little bits. Together with these mods, the "wing" can make an improvement in throttle response at openings below 1/2 throttle, and the overall larger diameter increases performance at larger throttle openings.

And that makes perfect sense, as the "Power Wing" only reaaly has much effect on bikes with over-sized carbs, like the 125SX and the CRF250R. On bikes that didn't come from the factory over-carbed, there is very little improvement.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »
I have an F2 carb splitter on my KTM 300xc and it seems to help out a little with throttle response and just a tad bit in the mid and I have also noticed since I installed the F2 my bike seems like it's burning less gas!I ran out of gas a couple times on my once a month mountain ride from Maryland to Pennsylvania but ever since I installed the F2 I have'nt ran out of gas since and I'm still riding the same distance on the same trails so I know it improved the gas mileage because thats the last "bolt on" I put on my bike and I always fill the tank full when I go on that ride!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »

And that makes perfect sense, as the "Power Wing" only reaaly has much effect on bikes with over-sized carbs, like the 125SX and the CRF250R. On bikes that didn't come from the factory over-carbed, there is very little improvement.

Oddly enough,I had mine on my 02 125 SX.I was always surprised at the relative bottom end that bike had given the size of the carb.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.