Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Vintage MX/Dirt Bike Site  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Friar-Tuck

• Novice
    • View Profile
Vintage MX/Dirt Bike Site
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
 I hope no one gets offended by more than just two strokes. Someone passed this link on to me
  and I thought there may be a few fans of some older iron lurking here ;D....
 http://www.siegecraftnw.com/VDRlinks.htm
  Tuck\o/

Offline grumpy

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage MX/Dirt Bike Site
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
Great looking site.
The AMA 4 stroke displacement rule is simply the AMA's Rich Kid's Handicap Rule!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
SiegecraftNW (and Siege, the guy behind it) is the organizing site for VDR, the great vintage series here in the Northwest.  VDR (Vintage Dirt Racing) was always successful during the fall, winter, and spring at Woodland MX park, even though it catered to ancient bikes, vintage bikes, and post-vintage (that means twinshock and air-cooled, remember).  This was a constant thorn in the side of Dick Mann, who ran the National AHRMA series and kept insisting that vintage and post-vintage couldn't be made to work well together on the same track.  In reaction to this, VDR spawned a summer series, Hammer and Tongs, which soon came to be widely favored by the more casual racers who then didn't have to deal with all sorts of licenses and documents and BS.  Just show up, sign a paper at the gate, pay the fee, and ride the next day.  At the moment, I think H&T technically encompasses the whole series, year-round, including Woodland and the warm-weather races like Boise and Washougal.

If you're reading this, thanks for all your hard work, Siege and everyone involved with H&T.

EDIT:  The sense of humor with these guys is just great.
http://www.siegecraftnw.com/VDR-Pirates.htm
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:42:11 PM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Friar-Tuck

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »
 Thanks Jetz,
 Small world, Got the link By Happenstance!
  Tuck\o/