Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TSMer's Crushing it, Pismo style........  (Read 6457 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
TSMer's Crushing it, Pismo style........
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:46:04 PM »
so my buddy finally was able to salvage the video footy off his hard drive from our pismo trip last month. enjoy.......... im on the YZ and my buddy is on the CR!!

Pismo 2010.wmv

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: TSMer's Crushing it, Pismo style........
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
I've always thought sand would be incredibly fun to ride on, but I just know my bike would suffer the consequences later.  I mean, those poor, poor bearings!  Definitely something I'd like to do on a rental or something, though.  Last time I was at the dunes in Florence, OR they had two-stroke bikes you could take out.  I just couldn't bring myself to put one of mine through sand, simply because I know that no matter how well I washed it off, there'd be some spots that just get chewed to the balls through the years.  Not to mention the saltwater and corrosion.

But, unless you're a classic bike guy like me and don't have any interest in having it last from high school 'till retiring age, then by all means go out and rip!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:11 PM »
WOW, I need to get the hell out of Connecticut some day and go exploring. The sand dunes out west look like fun, except the corrosion part.   

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
Lucky bastards!!!!!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.