Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hunt for the ultimate sand paddle  (Read 5987 times)

Offline danbot

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hunt for the ultimate sand paddle
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:46:36 AM »
I ride sand pretty regularly, I'll admit the area I ride is no glamis, but the sand can be dry and deep, and there are some half ass technical climbs that wind around trees and ledges. I have been buying a different paddle tire every season trying to find that better tire.

This year I am running a Cheng Shin Surge P for the first time. So far it is performing much better than anything else I have tried. The paddles seem slightly wider, and thicker that the average and it makes excellent traction. I find myself leaning alot more forward to keep the front end down, where as previous tires had me sitting on the back of the seat for more hookup. I have to ride over some rock and roots to get into the sand so durability plays a big role for me as well, and this tire seems to be robust enough to take it. It felt like a heavier and stiffer carcass when mounting the tire, and the broader paddles show no chunking after several trips in. I am totally impressed with this tire so far, and would happily recommend it to anyone
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/388/20153/ITEM/Cheng-Shin-Surge-P-C7220-Paddle-Tire.aspx?SiteID=CSE_Gbase_20153&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=20153

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt for the ultimate sand paddle
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »
Dan, that looks like a nice paddle tire... that you for your review!

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline danbot

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt for the ultimate sand paddle
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
You bet, it sure is pretty too isn't it!