Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Seat Cover and graphics  (Read 7157 times)

Offline kawi250

• Junior
    • View Profile
Seat Cover and graphics
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:41 AM »
Ok so I've never done either before but im assuming its pretty straight forward. I have new plastics as well so they wont be dirty, but is it just as simple as it seems? Wipe the plastics off and put the graphics on? is there any trick to it to make the graphics tacky? and for the seat cover do you just staple the new one where you want it? Just figured id ask before i did it

Offline grumpy

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Seat Cover and graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:38:30 AM »
I can't speak for the graphics, but yes on the seat cover. It's best to use 1/4" or 3/8" staples and an air stapler, lol that's a tough combo to come by but can be done. If your original seat cover is in great shape you don't actually need to remove the old one, I always have but I've only replaced torn covers.

Check out this link for some great tips on replacing that seat cover, http://www.airfoolers.com/performance/seatrecover.html Using those tips, I've actually replaced an old cover with just a plain piece of marine vinyl.
The AMA 4 stroke displacement rule is simply the AMA's Rich Kid's Handicap Rule!

Offline kawi250

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
Thanks for the site do you really need to heat the cover though? i have an 05 and the seats not the same material

Offline grumpy

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »
I'm sure you can do it without the heat, but the heat really makes a big difference in getting out the wrinkles and getting a good fit. I wouldn't suggest using a heat gun though as they get too hot. Just a simple hair dryer will provide more than enough heat.
The AMA 4 stroke displacement rule is simply the AMA's Rich Kid's Handicap Rule!

Offline danbot

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
I did my seat cover a few years ago with a One Industries replacement.. it was pretty easy to get the seat to stretch on properly. Finding a staple gun that would actually pierce the plastic seat's underside was the challenge. Eventually I borrowed a 110v electric stapler from a crafty friend of my mom's that worked very well.

As for the graphics kits... I was told to lightly mist the plastic with warm water just before applying the decal, this will help you make small corrections and to remove bubbles. This is how I did my complete kit on my CR250, it turned out very well, and has lasted for several years now. Unfortunately I snapped a rear fender last season so I am only running some of the kit.

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Putting graphics on depends on how comfortable you are installing them or if you have done it before...i personaly stick mine on dry,start in the middle and go back and forth like a typewriter till you get them fully layed down.Some people use a light coat of windex on them so you can move them around then squeegee out the access.As far as installing seat covers i just line the nose up and put a few staples in there then move to the rear and do the same,then work from the middle pulling it down and stapling it trying to keep it as centered as you can....hope this helps

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline stepupmx

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • www.stepupmx.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »
For the graphics I would try to stay away from the windex unless its a tough piece to line up. The windex puts more bubbles under the graphics. Good Luck

Manager@ step up mx graphics and apparel. MX classes 25+ 30+ & 35+