Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: I need help applying graphics  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Logan Dewey

• View Profile
I need help applying graphics
« on: August 25, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
:( So I got my graphics kit yesterday, and I have a new set of plastics to put it on. I tryed putting the front fender sticker on but there is air bubbles and the front of it keeps not wanting to stick very well, so I kinda already ruined that sticker D;'
can i take the plastics and graphics to a shop and have them mount it possibly for free, I really don't want to screw it up anymore. And is there anyways I can save the front fender graphic? re apply it or something
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
It sounds like you need to clean the plastic better before applying it. Use rubbing alcohol to really clean it (oil from hand, dust, dirt, and all) and then apply it. As far as the "used" graphic, I'm not sure how to or if you can even salvage it.

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »
take a look, it's easy.

if you dont have a rubber squeegee, use a cloth to release bubbles.

Offline Logan Dewey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:00:21 AM »
I can't understand a word he says...
Is there such thing as a liquid adhesive I could use that isn't like glue that is extreme to get off but I can get it off if i need to. it's about to peel off :/

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
i don't understand either!

use a spraya bottle like the one he's using with water ou window cleaner, when you lay the sticker over the plastic, you can move it side to side, when it's in place, use the squeegee/cloth and make some pressure to release the liquid and air bubbles, allways start from the center of the decal.

hope it helped.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:17:01 AM »
My graphics dude told me to put mine on dry - dunno if that is just the material he uses.

Thoroughly clean the plastics with isopropyl alcohol. If you have old stuff on there, Goof Off to remove the old chud.

Then, what I did was remove a half inch slit from the middle of the backing. So, on the front number plate, was a half to 3/4" vertical slit, I made with a razor and peeled off the backing in the middle.

Located it where it needed to go, stuck it on gently, and when I was sure it was right, pressed down to stick it firmly to the plastic. Then removed some backing on one side, and gently worked it on, making sure the bubbles were worked out. Took my time and did it slowly. Peel a little, work it on, peel, work it on all the way across slowly until it was on, then repeated for the other side. He told me to do this somewhere warm, and leave it somewhere warm to settle for a day or so and if you have issues getting it to conform, a hair dryer or heat gun works wonders.

this may not apply for the material yours is done with, he said with the old stuff he used the wet technique and it was better  but for this new 3M backed stuff to do it dry. It is pretty thick stuff and conforms to curves well. I have zero bubbles on 2 sets of graphics, (number plates on the KX, and full graphics on the pit bike)

So, your mileage may vary but this is what worked for me.

Offline alo.pendla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »
Dont understand that language, but you can understand by watching it.

Offline jayfack27

• View Profile

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:38 AM »
i fitted these last night 40 min start to finish , i whipped the plastics down with brake cleaner then fitted the graphics , they went on perfectly no creases and not 1 air bubble . i do have sore thumbs from all the rubbing .

i have the same set for my SX 250 and will fit those up as soon as it gets here , its being shipped now from my house in spain