Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Two stroke piston showdown.  (Read 15124 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Two stroke piston showdown.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
Get a big plastic dead blow (hammer) and learn how to mount tires without tire irons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline teampryor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Get a big plastic dead blow (hammer) and learn how to mount tires without tire irons.
next time you do a tire/tyre change have someone video and post it up. would love to learn this technique.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
next time you do a tire/tyre change have someone video and post it up. would love to learn this technique.
me too, im not a fan of changing tyres.
I used to use screwdrivers too when i was young, you only pinch so many tubes before ya realise its not working out  :D :D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
I've found the more expensive the tire, the easier it is to change. With a nice Dunlop etc. you should be able to get most of the tire on with your bare hands and ,while pressing down on the last bit of tire/bead with one hand, hit the last bit of bead with the plastic mallet and "voila" it will pop right on and no pinched tubes (six days fast too!). ;D

P.S. Normally I wouldn't use a lot of tire bead lubricant.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »
me too, im not a fan of changing tyres.
I used to use screwdrivers too when i was young, you only pinch so many tubes before ya realise its not working out  :D :D

Thats the thing though it didn't PINCH the tube, it litterally went right through it. In hindsite if the tube was that weak, it was due for replacement anyway. I do hate changing tires though. Especially back ones, I don't mind the front ones. Anyway now shes got a set of brand new Bridgestones on her. M203/4 combo and thus far work extremely well.

As for the bike itself, I'm astounded at how quickly it climbs through the 13 grand rev range. Its rediculous I've hit the rev limiter a couple of times now. I can't hold a gear and it doesn't sound like its revving very high. Anyway thus far I've only ridden it on straights and its power band was VERY impressive in terms of how forgiving it was. In a 125 only competition falling off the pipe wouldn't be a big deal at all. I haven't yet checked the gearing though I think it might be a bit short judging by how quickly it climbs through the rev range. I'll probably put a 51 on the rear when this one wears out (Wont be long at all).

As for the mikuni carby? Crap. Really crap. Annoying to work on, floods the bike really easily (although thats probably jetting related) and compared to the keihin on my YZ doesn't do its job too well.

And while I'm on the topic, what do people have to say about the Mikuni on the Husqy CR125?

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »
Rev limiter?? it won't have one of those. you should be able to just old it pinned and let it scream, they love it

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
My bad, mean't the redline. Turns out its running a 52 on the rear and I think a 14 on the front so thats probably where my troubles are coming from