Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Myself with my best buddy's new bike!! KTM 300! Love that bike!!  (Read 3805 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile

Man I love everything about that bike except the bigger tank..so different than the japaneses..you can even adjust the trail with the stock triple clamps..Love the orange beast! Love the powerband!! so tits!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:52:47 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Myself with my best buddy's new bike!! KTM 300! Love that bike!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
"That's not a gas tank, THIS is a gas tank!" ~ KTM Dundee

Damn, you could swim laps in that thing.  It does seem like two-strokes just get sweeter and sweeter as you up the displacement.  I remember the power of the 390 Husky (biggest bike I've ridden so far) being just absolutely intoxicating.  It had low-end like a freight train and then it still built up to that typical two-stroke insanity up-top.  In terms of getting a bike to have fun on, I definitely recommend getting something with a big Grizzly-Bear sort of piston living in it.  300 seems to be about as big as they go in mainstream these days, but I'm sure it's still got some significant balls.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Myself with my best buddy's new bike!! KTM 300! Love that bike!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Beautiful machine!!

At least the gas tank is set up to carry the extra fuel low on the bike... makes for better handling.

I like orange!  :D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!