Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: In case you're wondering what's going on out there in the ATV world...  (Read 2504 times)

Offline evilscientistmoose

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
In case you''re wondering what''s going on out there in the ATV world...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »
A 1000cc ATV... because its a two up...  Just get a jeep and be done with it already.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
ATV's are cash cows for motorsports businesses and the numbers sold here in North America are truly staggering.

I have a big Yamaha ATV, one of the things I use it for is log skidding and I could easily use the power of that Can Am.Fresh out of high school I logged and ran skidders and ,for small scale selective logging,ATVs are quite efficient.They can get into almost anyplace and ,environmentally speaking,leave hardly a trace.I can't think of anything else with 4 wheels that can thread it's way through the forest like a quad.My Yamaha has H/L range 4WD,diff locks and I use these features all the time.So,if you can get past all the gizmos,that big Can Am actually has a lot of potential as a work machine. ;D

Offline nom de guerre

• View Profile
That quad could carry a whole camp's worth Of beer with it's rack system!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
1000cc, 87hp, 816lbs, 46 inches wide, dear god. 

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline evilscientistmoose

• Novice
    • View Profile
ATV's are cash cows for motorsports businesses and the numbers sold here in North America are truly staggering.

I have a big Yamaha ATV, one of the things I use it for is log skidding and I could easily use the power of that Can Am.Fresh out of high school I logged and ran skidders and ,for small scale selective logging,ATVs are quite efficient.They can get into almost anyplace and ,environmentally speaking,leave hardly a trace.I can't think of anything else with 4 wheels that can thread it's way through the forest like a quad.My Yamaha has H/L range 4WD,diff locks and I use these features all the time.So,if you can get past all the gizmos,that big Can Am actually has a lot of potential as a work machine. ;D

...unless it's muddy. On the coastal side of this state (Oregon), all the monster quads are good for is getting spectacularly stuck and destroying trail systems. The front-end acts like a shovel in deep mud, and the 4-wheel-drive digs gigantic ruts on trails.

You can't ride a trike on most of these trail systems, simply because of the ruts the quad guys dig while trying to go up hills.

Beyond that, I'm sure these bikes have their purposes....but a relaxing trail ride isn't one of them.

Offline coblefutch

• Junior
    • View Profile
 Around here most of the guys who buy stuff like this are hunters, they use them to drive the 1/4 mile from the road to their tree stand.
They need them for 2 reasons, first to load up and haul all the crap they bought at bass pro shop they bought but really don't need, secondly because they are too lazy and or out of shape to walk that far. Then a couple times a year they take them out "fun riding and roll them over and go to the ER.