Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: !!!!Please help me with this clutch case accident!!!!  (Read 3438 times)

Offline JPond53

• View Profile
!!!!Please help me with this clutch case accident!!!!
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »
I ride a 2001 CR125 and while I was riding I stopped and noticed this! I have no clue how it happened but any help will be appreciated! Can I fix this without buying a new case?? Anyways thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
Do you have the chip of metal that is missing? I'm assuming not though. But, if you do, you can liquid weld it back in place. If you don't, you might be able to finagle something, maybe using liquid weld again, but is that piece on the inside of the case that is visible a moving piece? If so, then liquid weld with out the metal piece would not be a good idea. However, if you decide to use liquid weld, clean the area VERY WELL. Get all the oil off the area in which the compound would be on.

That's the only way I could think of fixing that, but I'm sure someone else might have another idea.  :)

Offline MetalMike1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
 I would replace the case if I were you .

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »
yeah man, with out the missing piece, you're screwed, better head over to Ebay and start looking for a new case, chain guide, and a glide plate too. ???
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
Repaired many,many damaged cases like that.A skilled aluminum tig welder can "wash" weld over the area with excellent results,the trick is to have everything very clean and make sure the arc does not touch the steel clutch actuator. ;D

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
i've damaged 2 cases of my cr 125, one of them, happened the same as shown, i replaced the case because it opened a crack arround the clutch actuator, the other case only opened a hole trough the stator. i've spent a few hours rebuilding the case the last time that happened, luckily the aluminum parts fell inside the stator case.

i have a home made guide plate with strong screws to avoid that situation. it seems that our 125 don't deal very well with loose chains.

good luck with that!

Offline JPond53

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
Hey thanks guys...unfortunately I don't have the missing piece. I think what I'm going to do is put some type of metal epoxy as a short term fix and if it falls off or breaks off again then I'll split the cases and get it welded like SachsGS said. @xandyx yeah man this is the first time anything like this has happened to me...but I'm glad the chain didn't fall off or something and get jammed up in te case and crack it or damage it more than it did!

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
Just make sure you clean it, let it set (patience is key), and try not to touch the metal on the inside that is visible, you still want that to move.

Recovered

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »
definately get a chain guard on there to prevent that from happening again

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »
In situations where the bike had to run that weekend and parts were 3 weeks away in Japan I've pulled the motor and welded without splitting the cases - downtime a couple of hours.If the welder is careful with heat it can work very well.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
In situations where the bike had to run that weekend and parts were 3 weeks away in Japan I've pulled the motor and welded without splitting the cases - downtime a couple of hours.If the welder is careful with heat it can work very well.
I had a91 CR 250 that this happened to, it was welded without a drama, lots cheaper.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250