Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Parts and Riding gear online retailers?  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Parts and Riding gear online retailers?
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »
Alright there is literally DICK ALL cheap online retailers in Australia. What America pays for anything, its basically double that for Australia. No shit. Its insane.

Needless to say I need to start importing my stuff from the states. I need new pants, jersey and gloves and may need some engine parts soonish. If people could just leave a link to their favorite retailer, that would be sweet. They have to do international shipping obviously and reliable people would be good. On the other hand, if someone knows an Australian retailer that does everything cheap that would be awesome too.

Thanks for your time guys
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
ya

motosport.com
rockymountainmc.com
btosports.com

are all the ones i use

all have good prices and each have a little different products

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:46:35 AM »
Some of the deals here on last years (and older) stuff are insane

http://www.auroraactionsports.ca/shop.php?lineCode=SRW&sexCode=M&catCode=

I don't know where they ship to, but I will be placing an order soon. I could always repackage and ship some stuff out to you. I ship semi-regularly to Australia as part of my business.

I have one of these for sale  for $50 ;D

http://brantford.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-motorcycle-parts-accessories-sixsixone-pressure-suit-661-W0QQAdIdZ376498222
Ontario, Canada

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
Okay thanks alot guys, I'll take a close look at all of them. Thanks

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
www.denniskirk.com
www.rockymountainatv.com
www.ironpony.com(great deals on gear but maybe not after shipping to Australia)
www.motorcyclesuperstore.com
www.indigoracer.com (sponsor here with good deals on parts for members)
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 04:00:25 AM »
Are the high prices due to restrictive import tariffs or is this a business opportunity to undercut the existing players?

Do New Zealanders pay similar high prices?

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
Im not so sure about New Zealand but for a Pirelli scorpian tire here you death staring at at STARTING PRICE for 19 inchers of 140 bucks. The smallest 19 inch there was $140 Australia, hard earned whackadoodles. As for the reason? Its like with the rise of the four jokes: The companies make what the consumers want. With a slight change of course: the companies charge the highest the consumer will pay.

We pay about $1.50 for a litre of fuel here. Ordinary, 93 octane petroleum. I'm not sure how many litres there are to a gallon but thats not the point. My point is, if everyone just pays that amount, why should the companies charge less? How many people can do without their cars right?

http://www.mxstore.com.au/
http://www.bikebiz.com.au/

Scroll through the parts and gear there. Those are Australian retailers. It really starts to add up. I paid $19 for an ordinary spark plug from my local dealer

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »
I feel your pain. Canada used to be like that.  Big country with a small population, it's more difficult and expensive to do business. Fortunately, we're next door to the US, and competition has forced Canadian retailers to become more competitive. You can still find examples of ridiculous pricing, but for the most part, things are much better than they used to be, and the internet has only helped.  I know your problem first hand. I can grind up a set of custom cams, and ship them air service to Australia for about half what they would cost there. That's a $500 savings.

Ontario, Canada

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:34 AM »
Well Saturday has rolled around. Got my new clutch cable yesterday, just in time for the weekend. Nice day too, nice and cool but sunny. beaner im really hoping that Australia follows Canada's path. And seriously? I'm very confident it will. Every couple of months theres a news report about how Australian business retailers are getting dick all business and everyones buying from the states... Gee fuck me I wonder why that could be? Until shop owners stop being greedy jerks, I'm gonna continue buying from overseas when I can. New Zealand is a good option for me, they might be a little overpriced im not sure but its sure as shit not as bad as it is here.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:39:18 AM »
Okay just for shits and giggles, I emailed that bikebiz store I listed above asking what im looking at for a top and bottom end rebuild kit (wiesco). The answer was $258 for top and a bit fat slutty $330 for the bottom... Thats what I'll pay plus postage for those parts in Australia. Incentive enough? lol

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
motosport.com is a good place
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline flea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
Im from Australia, and i ordered my riding gear and parts from Motocrossgiant. I get my stuff quick and cheap. I bought an fmf gnarly pipe and powercore silencer, vforce3 reeds and heaps of other stuff. Postage was like $50. it cost me half of what it would to buy here, and that was when our dollar was at 70c !! imagine buying up now!! I never buy here from aussie retailers as they are theivin bastards. ive also ordered from rockymountain as others have suggested.

Cheers, Flea ;)