Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Boyesen Rad Valve VS V-force 3  (Read 9721 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Boyesen Rad Valve VS V-force 3
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 06:50:28 AM »
ktm-parts.com V-Force delta2 reed block

read this super trucker and then try and say no teams used the v-force in the nationals
  In 2003 the last year 2-st where at the nationals in numbers, not what comes stock on a Ktm. Most riders are not top experts, they benefit from a reed valve that makes it easy to keep it on the pipe.The rv makes that possible with the low to mid boost. I know the vforce has a good topend # on the dyno,read my previous post,dynos do not ride the track tho. I used to race the expert class, current experts on 250,s tested both and chose the rv. TWOSTROKEMTOCROSS  YZ144 had a rv, I thought every moto head knew about the low to mid  boost with the rv. Really nothing to get upset over guys, I know I,m not. braap
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I think we've had this same discussion on at least 2-3 other threads, it's been pretty well beaten.  My preference is the V-Force, tried both back to back on my 250, and the V-Force definitely makes it easier to hold 3rd gear through corners, with the stocker and the Boyesen,  I had to downshift to 2nd to stay on the pipe without bogging.  Much easier to clear jumps right out of turns with the V-Force.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »
I think we've had this same discussion on at least 2-3 other threads, it's been pretty well beaten.  My preference is the V-Force, tried both back to back on my 250, and the V-Force definitely makes it easier to hold 3rd gear through corners, with the stocker and the Boyesen,  I had to downshift to 2nd to stay on the pipe without bogging.  Much easier to clear jumps right out of turns with the V-Force.

This ^^ but for durability I like the Boyesen.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »
And here's another, relatively easy, 'tuning' variable with 2ts - reeds / reed blocks.

A recent issue of Brit Mag, Moto X, with their long term RM250 (I think it sells for something near 1400 Pounds, less than a YZ250 , which costs more than the KTM250SX  :o - when both the RM and YZ have been in a 'time warp, for years now - graphics, muffler and jetting changes, don't cut it for advances, over the RM, on the YZ), evaluated the V Force. The Brits sure get reamed on Yamaha prices - the new WR450 is more expensive than the new KTM 4ts - , much like we do here, in OZ, with KTM / Berg prices.

The tester / keeper of the bike, suggested that it would be useful to probably keep the V Force for sand tracks - loam tracks / good traction tracks, as it made the lower/ mid range power get to the level that on a hard pack track, it was better to keep the std reed block on. And the bloke was not a squid - I think, a very high level rider, especially in their very well organised 2t series.

Just a bit of food for thought.

I've only gone to Boyesen Reeds, on my 500 - something 'programed' into me from many years of riding / owning bikes. They are in perfect order, after 9 years use, and many thousands of Ks travelled.

I recently bought a Rad Valve, purely from the thought I may be changing the carb position, to accommodate an entirely new rear end on my bike. I can cut and re-weld the spigot, and the price I found, months ago, made it ridiculous to machine my own reed block up. Boyesen, seem to not list them , on their site, for my 500, anymore, as well, so they may be going the way of the Dinosaurs, soon.

Offline Marco810

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
Im with super trucker. Stock block with carbon reeds

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 09:49:45 PM »
I would also recommend Boysen Dual stage reeds, I put them in my old YZ and it really made a big difference in throttlew response through the whole spread. The reeds in it were good, I just replaced them because I had heard about the Boysens bein better.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »
Iv had both though not on the same bike and both times I got the bike with them already fitted so iv not got much comparison but to me I don't think they make any difference and that theyr pretty much just like exhausts that while a power increase is probably there they just dont feel to make the bike any faster. In my opinion your better spending your money on maintainance or on track time as I feel that they are both a lot better at improving laptimes, have you got your suspension set up?