Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Its happened, the garage has a new addition  (Read 9531 times)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Its happened, the garage has a new addition
« on: February 12, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
My friends, it has happened. There is now a 2001 YZ 250 sitting in my garage.
My question is: Is it wrong of me to want to put organic reproductive organs in it to have children with it?

No I'm kidding, seriously though, its the best machine I've ever ridden.
Took off in the back yard, hit the powerband and got yelled at by mum for wrecking the lawn  :P
So beautiful to ride... Sure its not much to look at but it pulls HARD! Now I know I said I was in the market for a 125 but the opportunity just jumped up and I took it. You have no idea how glad I am that I did. Anyway I've been talking about it and I finally did it just wanted to let everyone know. Stand up wheelies in top gear? YES PLEASE!!!!!!

She bites, she screams, she pulls and lifts up like paper. Is it a baby? NO ITS MY YZ 250!!!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
Took off in the back yard, hit the powerband and got yelled at by mum for wrecking the lawn  Tongue
The good part about living in the woods is my grass is all crab grass  :P So when I tear it up, its like I am using a really powerful rototiller.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
That crab grass is a pain in the asss.. hahah that rhymed.... Anyway It came with a soft terrain back tire so shes not hooking up really well on intermediate-hard terrain. I unfortunately used my only good spare tire which was intermediate/hard on my POS CRF250R but Im getting it back soon and Im going to part it out, the engine is utterly shagged. Might tear it down see what I can find thats salvagable, we'll see. Anyway so I'll take the back tire back. IF its the right size, We'll see. It was a dumper though so its probably too shit to be the right size.

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
Congrats with your new Smoker. YZ250 is a solid bike.
Post some pics of her.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
Yeah, some pictures would be nice  ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »
Shes stripped of her plastics at the moment. I put my knee through the fuel tank yesterday after hitting a lip on a jump  >:-D The tank was almost full too so my lower body felt like it was on fire for a while.... When I weld the tank back together and get it nice and pretty again I'll post some pics  ;D

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »
hes stripped of her plastics at the moment. I put my knee through the fuel tank yesterday after hitting a lip on a jump  Evil The tank was almost full too so my lower body felt like it was on fire for a while.... When I weld the tank back together and get it nice and pretty again I'll post some pics  Grin
Whoa...  :o Through the tank?? How hard did you hit the lip?  :o And how can you weld plastic? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just curious to know if you found a new way to weld  ;)

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:26 AM »
there is a such thing as plastic welding, but you'd probably be better off just getting a new tank

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:47 PM »
there is a such thing as plastic welding, but you'd probably be better off just getting a new tank
I had never heard of it before, but I knew you could melt it back together. Good luck, and show me some pictures of the plastic weld bead, I want to see it  ;D

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
I think TSM needs to institute a rule...  You can't say I got a new addition with out pics...   ;D  WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!   ;D  WE NEED PICS...  especially me...  I work on the road all week, and only get to "see" my bike on weekends.  So while on the road, I get my bike fix through this site...  SO POST UP SOME PICS..   8)
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
Plastic welding is a pain in the ass yeah, put new fuel tanks are like $200. how hard did  I hit the lip? Lets just say I have no Idea how I managed to land my accidental superman  8)
I could easily fake the pictures anyway, and its not like you get lots of people pretending they have another bike. I'll post some of its naked bodess tomorrow

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »
Post those and the one of the tank, I have got to see this. Its interesting because I have never seen a knee-hole in a gas tank  ;D

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
I plastic welded a cracked XR200 tank and I had to use plastic filler rod fashioned from a XR 200 fender to get it to work.I prepped the weld after and it turned out really well - you could hardly tell the tank had been repaired. ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »
I'm trying to post pictures but its saying the uploads folder is full... Please select an different file to upload or something. When I get told how to post photos I'll post them.
Its not really knee sized as such, but its there. I got the sack whack of my life when I got ejected from that bike... both when it DID eject me and when I slammed back down.... So much pain. Anyways if its going to mean the tank is in fact weak in that spot then I will just get a new tank, not happy about it at all but Nothing I can do about it. Haha Just to dig more at the dumpers, When I put my YZ on the stellar stand, shes almost level ( if its in the right spot) but with my neighbour's CRF250R which I'm housing at the moment cos he got a rear flat, poor sod. Anyway when I put it on the stand no matter when you slot it, it leans Riiiight forward till it can't go any further cos of the front tire, go figure. As we all know a CRF250R isn't that much heavier then a 125, its just that a considerable chunk of that total weight is sitting right underneath you. Still can't get over how amazing my bike is through the corners when all I've ever ridden is a four stroke... My first ride on that beast was more fun then all my years of riding four strokes put together. By the way can some people give me some braking tips? I've got a nasty habbit of being a panic braker and I want to get my riding technique as good as possible. I don't race or anything just personal challenges  ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Okay I looked at the HOW TO POST PHOTOS ON THE FORUM post in general talk (duh),

Here they are

If this doesn't work I'm gonna be seriously pissed