Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: To Ford328 or others who may know. Can anyone help with KTM oil injection?  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Hello Ford or others who may know,

I'm really interested in fixing myself up a KTM dual sport machine based on a 200EXC, 250EXC, or 300EXC. Most of the process is surprisingly easy, but oil injection is VERY important to me when it comes to my ultimate 2 stroke dualsport machine.

I'm contacting you because I saw your post where you said you had been supplied with parts fiches including the part's to install oil injection systems when you purchased your own KTM's. I am extremely interested in finding out more about this.

In the past, while searching for info on Oil Injected KTM models, I found a post on a blog from some guy in eastern Europe who said he had a new 200EXC that came from the dealer fully Dual Sport capable, with all the necessary lighting equipment and oil injection. I know most of the world goes the opposite way where it comes to this, preferring to premix, but all my experiences with my older machines lead me to believe that volumetric oil injection is vastly superior at least for my intended usage. 

I was just at a local KTM dealer today, and I asked them about those parts but they said they didn't know anything. Then they hinted that I may possibly be able to find more about this kind of thing if I looked outside the USA. I wasn't surprised!

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Hopefully,give me a little bit and I'll see if I can track it down.....
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
They used to have service and fiche right on the site but no more apparently.Anyhoo,go here

http://173.74.246.25/munnracing/

Once there,click on hard parts to change to "oem parts" then click part # and change to "description" then type in "oil pump" and search.I see some of the parts are not available though that likely is just not available from munn racing-not KTM.The part #'s are there as well as prices so likely you could give your dealer the #'s to see what they come up with.Failing all that,I'd go to KTM Talk and post that question(or search) under "two stroke" The guys there are very knowledgeable with KTM's.Hope this helps a little.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thanks VERY MUCH Ford, I'd love to be able to find that stuff. I've been looking into this from time to time ever since I saw a write up that some guy did about his 200EXC somewhere over in Europe. In his blog, he said that he had bought the bike with full lights blinkers and all that, plus oil injection striahgt from the dealer. Something like that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for at all times.

ThaknsAgain!

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
No problem Jim.OI would certainly be the way to go for a DS bike.If I remember correctly,and likely I don't,some of the Aussie bikes were set up that way.
BTW,there's an error in your sig.Hair metal isn't dead,it's alive and well!In the words of former Twisted Sister singer Dee Snider's radio show"House of Hair", IT'S TIME TO MAKE THE METAL!!!!....now where's that rockin' smiley?Oh well,yeah,I'm old.... :-[

Andrew