Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Some photos of Motomike 894 at Indy  (Read 5001 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Some photos of Motomike 894 at Indy
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:30:04 AM »
While Mike had some issues at Indy with his bike set up (mostly jetting) and was not able to do what he wanted to do, he was still there and I for one appreciate and applaud his effort.

Hopefully, he will take some advice from one of our other board members and get some help with his bike set-up....

Here are a few photos from Guy B at Vital MX.

Check out that last one closely... Mike was running a Two Stroke Motocross Sticker on his Helmet!! Thank you very much Mike, I appreciate that and your effort... get some help with you bike and try again at St Louis.. we believe in you!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Some photos of Motomike 894 at Indy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:57 AM »
Yay Mike!!!!Minor hiccups,we'll all be cheering for you in the next one.The bike looks sweeeeettt. 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »
You did your best and you are still my hero. Hope more luck next time. This is what real racing should be for me. All that pro stuff will big money forced to ride 4 strokes and so on. That is more a circus to me. I like it when a guy tries with a 5 year old bike and no sponsors and so on. Real sportsman.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »
And all that talk about 2 strokes and four strokes i do not care that much. As i already said i come from the Netherlands and a friend of mine, Pedro Tragter, is a former 125 cc world champion.

He still rides and it reminds me of an enduro races a couple of years ago. He drove his 125cc ktm prepared by his dad. Just a cross mx bike with lights. Nothing special. I watched his tracktimes or laprecords and still he was faster then ALL other riders. So also the 450 4 strokes or even the bigger or smaller bikes. Now he drives 4 strokes because they became suzuki dealer. He is still the fastest man in enduro in the Netherlands i think.

I have absolutely no doubt that if bubba stewart or carmichael would be riding a 250 2 stroke they would still win. Even if they would ride a 144 or 125 2 stroke for sure they will not be last in the 450 4 stroke sx races.

I rode a lot of old 500 cc openclass bikes years ago and for a lot of riders and also for me laptimes on lighter bikes were faster. It is just that the best riders are sponsored now and have to ride 4 strokes. But really i do not think they are faster on those bikes then on 2 strokes.

I read an article that ricky carmichael wanted to race with the pros on his 250 2 stroke but they would not let him do so. That says it all i think. (after he won an invitational 2 stroke race red bull or something).

Sometimes i go to races and watch the laptimes and really not much dsifference between the classes).

If they would allow 450 2 strokes in the 450 4 stroke class i think still the best rider will win no matter on which bike.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
yes I should have talked more with Meidos racing, he had input and I did listen but at that time I rebuilt my bike and took it riding indoors and it ran so freaking good I did not think I would have any problems.

Then I got there and it was smoking bad, ran really rich, wasnt bogging but falling flat, which made it so I couldnt do the triples, I could have tried but I am 90% sure I would have not made it.

With my size to jump that stuff my bike has to be running perfect, and it wasnt.

I am going to take it apart this week, drain all the gas, etc. My dad was looking at my gas can and said there was moisture in it so I am thinking I got some bad pump gas too.

I cant afford to run race gas all the time, but If I do go to St. Louis I wil be testing with some, and making sure my bike is running perfect, I hope to be able to get a pipe and silencer by then at least too, and maybe some port work, but doubt I will have all the money for all that.

But I really appreciate all the support, and I will keep updated on wether I am doing St. Louis or not!

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
well done Mike keep going. :)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
yes I should have talked more with Meidos racing, he had input and I did listen but at that time I rebuilt my bike and took it riding indoors and it ran so freaking good I did not think I would have any problems.

Then I got there and it was smoking bad, ran really rich, wasnt bogging but falling flat, which made it so I couldnt do the triples, I could have tried but I am 90% sure I would have not made it.

It's all good Mike. I was just upset, because I knew you could do better than you did.  Send me the cylinder some day, and I'll hook ya up.  But yeah, on a supercross indoor, it needs to be 100% VP race fuel.  Pump gas won't work at all, because of the pressure change etc.  It's hard, and it's hard to know what to run for jetting even. It's really a guess,  unless you are like the factory guys who do it, consistantly.  My best guess, is to email Pro Circuit or someone like that, and ask them exact jetting inside a stadium.  They usually have charts.  Hopefully they are still around, after doing away with 2 strokes.  Maybe some suzuki team or something like that. Someone has to have the right jetting specs. Good luck in the future. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 04:26:20 PM »
Mike I give you props for even trying...  Just chalk it up to an experience...  you learned a few things, it didn't turn out as you hoped, but its still all good...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:21:18 AM by eprovenzano »
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
Mike, if you need some pit help at STL give me a shout. i've been a professional bike mechanic since '89 and i have a butt load of jets, slides, and needles for PWK carbs.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
Miedos, can you maybe send me your direct email or shoot me a email, rm250spike@yahoo.com, I would like to have Gorr just do my cylinder but I will not have the money before St. Louis to do that, and also what kind of difference do you think it would make either what you can do, or him?

I dont know if it a Rm thing or what but I raced my YZ 2stroke at several Sx's and it always ran just fine, I mean maybe it was little off but not like this.

Anyway my dad has lots of experience he has been a MC mechanic for 30 years, and has owned his own shop since 1994, and he was a pro level rider for a very long time, but usually rode crappy bikes, and he is not very picky about set up and things like that, he is old school.

It just chalked up to shitty gas, I am beggining to think Maxima 927 is not the best choice of oil either mixed at 32:1, I used to use Maxima SuperM, or Spectro Synthetic, I jusdt switched with this bike to sniff the exhuast it smells so good.

I had a local gas station that sold 110 octane race fuel but they hardly eve have it, and my dad thought maybe we should put some octane booster we had in with my gas for Indy, and I was told that was a bad idea too.

So if I can get things together I will do St. Louis I will be able to ride much more leading up to it, and start cycling outside, etc. which will help me tremdously.

Thanks

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »
Hey, by the way, how'd you do with the sound test, how many decibels does the suzuki's stock exhaust put out? if it was over, how did you quiet it?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 04:50:01 AM »
They did not even do a sound test on it, which was hilarious I thought!!!!!!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »
They did not even do a sound test on it, which was hilarious I thought!!!!!!
Really? I thought they were all gung ho about sound decresement, wow, maybe the Ama is corrupt...
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 03:12:44 AM »
I bet the reason they didn't test Mike's bike was that they heard it start, and it was way below the sound level. The AMA would be wore afraid of the actual sound level comparison between the two-stroke and four-stroke being published!

In fact, I say bring the four-stroke noise levels down to 92db at max revs... I bet a lot more Pro racers would then switch to two-strokes!  8)
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 05:03:34 AM »
I bet the reason they didn't test Mike's bike was that they heard it start, and it was way below the sound level. The AMA would be wore afraid of the actual sound level comparison between the two-stroke and four-stroke being published!

In fact, I say bring the four-stroke noise levels down to 92db at max revs... I bet a lot more Pro racers would then switch to two-strokes!  8)

I found out about the new max testing from FIM and AMA that is coming soon.  Not sure if it will be the outdoors or what. But anyways, 115db at 2 meters, at max rpm is much more reliable testing than what is currently used. As we all know, currently, the companies are changing engine maps to correlate with the sound.   In the email i received, at max rpm and 115db it will be in line with a stock exhaust.  If they get down to the 112db range, that is considered much quieter, and will be in the sound range of a FMF Q pipe, from which I understand is pretty quiet.  So, hopefully these sound limits will start falling. And the actual testing get's done like they say in the rulebooks.  this will show everyone how much power they are losing
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!