Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What brand Air filter and air filter oil do you like best  (Read 7509 times)

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
What brand Air filter and air filter oil do you like best
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:27 PM »
I have been using No-Toil Filter and oil but then I saw a video on youTube where they put the filter in water and it went threw,Then they had a filter with belray air filter oil and the water did'nt go threw. So I have switched to Twin-Air filter with Belray filter oil. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:51:07 PM by luthier269 »
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: What brand Air filter and air filter oil do you like best
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:29:25 AM »
Sounds good to me.That's the same set up I use.For oil bel ray is good and maxima too as are others as long as you stay away from the spray stuff.It's too easy to be under or over oiled.I like uni filters as well but the dealer had twin air in stock.Both good imo though uni's are easier to clean completely as they come apart.On another note,I recently read that no toil oil will eat the bonding glue of uni filters but I don't know how true that is.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
i like Twin Air filters best. they have a nice snug fit over the filter cage. i have been using No-Toil since '99 and it works for me. i don't think it has the resistance to severe water wash out like the Bel-Ray or Maxima FFT but i don't do deep stream crossings of river fording. i mainly ride on the track. i have never had a problem with No-Toil filter oil not doing its job. i wash and re-oil my filter after every ride anyway. the No-Toil makes it so easy to do. i used the Twin Air chemicals before No-Toil came on the market. clean up was a mess but it worked well. if you use No-Toil oil you can use Oxiclean to wash the filters in. it works just like the cleaner No-Toil sells and is way cheaper.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:09:38 PM »
On another note,I recently read that no toil oil will eat the bonding glue of uni filters but I don't know how true that is.

I've had the experience with the No-Toil eating the glue on my Uni-filter... as I washed the filter it literally came apart in my hands!!

To Uni-Filters credit when I called them about it, they said they were aware of the problem and sent me two new filters and filter oil! Nice stand up company....

I like when that happens. ;D ;D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »
I guess I will have to call them because this exact thing happend to me last Thursday.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
I have had No Toil destroy both a Uni Filter and a genuine Yamaha filter.
Not sure if it's the oil or the cleaning solution, so I don't use any more.
I use Motorex spray on filter oil.

Offline mxaniac

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
No-Toil can ruin filters, I think Uni or Twin even warned about that.

I used it for over a year and I really liked the concept of it being water soluable but eventually I just couldn't deny any longer that I had more dirt getting through the filters and in to the airbox boot.