Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: I saw a good rumor about Honda on another website.  (Read 17099 times)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Re: I saw a good rumor about Honda on another website.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
Since when did honda ever make a 2 stroke trail bike  ;D

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »

CRM250. :)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:16 PM »
Diggin' those Paoli forks.Likely about as good as any real Honda setup  ;D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
1975 MR175:

1975 MT250:

Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline Premixed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »

CRM250. :)

they only did that because in Japan its street legal. and believe me, the roads are still flooded with them.  seat foam all cut out so the twinks can reach the ground at red lights.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »
I know.
From all reports I have heard, they were crap as well. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
obviously someone somewhere within Honda or even possibly someone from one of the MX/SX teams has leaked this information. Maybe Honda is waking up to realize the extreamly high costs of supplying there MX/SX teams with parts needed for rebuilds of there 4 T'S. For the price of $1,200-$1'500 just for a top end on a 4T'S I can do 6 top end jobs on my Honda CR125 and for the average person that want's to keep racing motocross the way the economy is now no way can he afford to race a 4 T every single weekend competativly and be able to afford paying that kind of money for the up keep of a 4 T.   And with KTM having 3 2T'S for 2012 I can visibly see Honda coming out with a brand new CR250 2T for 2014. I'm not a gambling man but if i were I think I would bet on Honda to do this. And if they do I would even venture to guess that in the not so far future there will also be either a brand new CR125 or a CR150 2T to follow. If any of you read Motocross Action Magazine they will be the first ones to say anything because they get all the new motocross bikes a year in advance before they are released to the public so they can do there testing on them. So keep your eyes and ears open and see if anything is said from them.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
Yeah I agree oldermxr , something has to be done the sport is dying. The local tracks that had 800 racers in 2000, now get 190 racers.

Offline Premixed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
look at all the outside sponsorship coming into mx to help foot he bill. tattoo shops. protein shakes. energy drinks.  i think tis good, but it shows you how broke the OEMs really are.  i dont think its the four strokes doing that by themselves though. 

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 02:53:36 AM »
So obvilously it's not forbidden anymore within Honda company to speak or think about 2 stroke?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:04:05 AM by EJ »

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 03:56:35 AM »
 i dont think its the four strokes doing that by themselves though.  
No, it isn't just the 4 stroke, even though the majority of the problem is. Bad marketing schemes, AMA changing rules every year to favor a certain motor design  >:-D, other organizations mimicking the rule changes, bad media, bad bike sales, and the fact that people are broke are all contributing factors. The problem is that people want a bike that will last 10 years or more, and when that bike is outdated every year, whats the point? One example of bad media was from today as I was reading a MXA article about the 2012 CRF450R, and all they said was how much they hated the bike and how honda failed to fix certain aspects like a 4 spring clutch, shitty brakes, and how the bike made less horse power up top than the 08 model.. :-X But in the end they said that it was a great bike. Okay, am I missing something? So MXA is okay with blasting the bike, and yet they tell us to go out and buy it with confidence? Its slower than the rest of companies 450's, but hey it can still win with the right rider.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:36:16 AM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 07:41:57 AM »
When we were kids one of the guys used to ride his dad's Honda MT125 and if you can imagine something slower then a XL125 this was it.The bike didn't make any power any where in the RPM range.While I was giving the 250s fits on the mighty Sachs 125 Darcy was just trying to make it up hills. ;D

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »
yeah outside sponsorships to help foot the bills? that is true but and I say but are you a pro sponsored motocross racer premixed? we are talking about the average guy the average weekend racer that might even live right next door to you. That likes to go race on weekends at the local track or even yourself can you afford to plunk down $1,200-$1,500 twice a year to keep a 4 T running in tip top condition? If you can then you must one heck of a good job to be able to afford it. If the average guy can't afford to pay that kind of price to keep his 4T running what do you think is going to happen to the sales of 4T'S ? That sales is going to drop drasticly and when that happens then the factories are going to have to do something to make up the money they are losing. And the only other alternative they have is to bring back the 2T'S why do you think you keep seeing all these pro's bringing out 2T'S here lately and racing them? It isn't publicity stunts they are doing you could ask every pro out there what they would rather be racing a 4T or a 2T and I would be willing to bet that 95% of them would tell you a 2T. They are not racing a 4T because that's what they chose to race they are racing on a 4T because that's what there teams and there factories said they had to race. Sorry if I stepped on your toes premixed I'm not trying to start anything but you do have to look at it from a logical side and a cost side of which is cheeper to maintain for the average guy because that is where the sales come from the consumer/public.

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
people go to www.supercross.com and you'll see something very interesting! someone else is also working silently on a new 2T for 2014

Offline streaks383

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »
Can you post a link?  I can't see anything