Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Black "water" out of the exhaust 04 RM 125  (Read 4036 times)

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
Black "water" out of the exhaust 04 RM 125
« on: September 25, 2011, 04:59:45 PM »
Hey guys, i took my wifes 04 rm 125 out yesterday and when i got back there was this black water like stuff coming out of the bottom of the muffler where the outer can joins up up to the inner of the muffler. i smelled it and it didnt smell like fuel and it wasnt real sticky like when you get that black goo that comes out of the tail pipe when you dont twist the throttle enough. it did dry oily though

the bike has been sitting for probably a couple of months but after 2 motos it was still doing it. i have just ordered a new top end for it before i rode it anyway but just wondering if there is anything else i should be looking at doing while i have it apart

jetting i am running 360 main, 35 pilot, needle 2nd clip and screw 2 1/2 turns out. the bike doesnt feel like it is running rich, it hauls ass and once riding isnt smoky at all, just wondering why, what seems like fuel, would be coming out the exhaust when the bike seems to be running right

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Black "water" out of the exhaust 04 RM 125
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:00:15 PM »
how's the water level? maybe a blown gasket and your silencer packing absorved steam.
or
for being sit in the garage for a few months maybe there's some humidity on the exhaust.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:17:58 PM »
Try pulling the silencer apart and look at the packing. Since it is running out of the lower part of the pipe, I would assume there some moisture in the packing.
Pull it apart, repack and test ride. :)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
I have had that before.
Water/Moisture from the previous wash leaking out of the packing.
Hopefully that is all it is.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies, will have to check the water level when I get home. Checked it not long ago and it was good so will have to see how it looks. If it isn't just left over water in the packing which seal would it be that would let water into the cylinder

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »
It would be ya head gasket, but at the same time thet csn cause it to push water out the radiator overflow, you woyld notice that when you been riding, water will go on the frame/engine and dirt sticks to it. I reckon its just the packing, has it been a while since it wss repacked?
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
i checked the water level this morning, its fine so i pulled the muffler apart and the packing was fairly dry, i couldnt squeeze any water out or anything. while i had the muffler off i started the bike and held my hand over the end of the pipe. i gave it about three 1/2 throttle revs and my hand was pretty much wet. i know that 2 strokes pass unburnt fuel but should i dont think it should be spitting out that much.

since i have had the bike it has always left an oily residue on the back mudguard and inside the number plate, i figured that it was because my wife wasnt riding it hard enough but sunday was the first time that we have taken it out and she hasnt ridden, only me. i have leaned the jetting up quite a bit since i bought it and its running really well, just seems to be sending too much fuel through

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
once i washed my bike with my garden hose and forgot to cover the silencer, when i started the bike after that, the pipe was filled with water..

had to disassemble the exhaust.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
once i washed my bike with my garden hose and forgot to cover the silencer, when i started the bike after that, the pipe was filled with water..

Hehe me too, when i was a kid, made my old CR 80 very quiet
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »

Hehe me too, when i was a kid, made my old CR 80 very quiet

my cr had a "geisercore II" eheheh

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »
So I worked out its not the muffler packing, any ideas what it could be. What is coming out doesn't smell like fuel but it isn't using water. If it is fuel is there any reason there would be so much?

Offline JPond53

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
Pull the head pipe and see if there is any mystery liquid in that. If nothing run the bike with no header and see if any of the liquid comes out straight from the cylinder...