Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Aussie,Aussie,Aussie  (Read 5411 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Aussie,Aussie,Aussie
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
Yeah,it's hard for me to say that but as I was youtube surfing and reliving the old days(the girls are away and I've been thirsty) I came across this.Bon Scott on the pipes.How effin cool is that?  8)

AC/DC - Its A Long Way To The Top If Ya Wanna Rock And Roll
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie,Aussie,Aussie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
You need to get your self a copy of "Family Jewels", A double DVD that came out a few years back.
It has all their Vid's from 1975 to 1990.
First dvd features Bon Scott up till his death & second dvd from when Brian Johnson took over.
Effing great. ;D

I saw them in Wellington in Feb. ;D
3 hours of head banging.
Angus played a 30 min guitar solo on "Let there be rock", My favorite AC/Dc song.
They even managed to get Phill Rudd off his boat in Tauranga to play the concert.
Absolutly awsome concert.

For a bunch of 60+ year old men they would have put most young rock bands to shame. ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
Saw them in Albany NY in 09.

They still have it,

I still see irony in the fact I travelled 16,000km from home to see a bunch of guys, well, from home

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »
And my personal fave

AC/DC - Who Made Who (Live)

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »
Ok, I'll show my age... I saw them in '77 at a little club in San Francisco when I was about 15, my feet were up on the stage when I was kicked back in my chair and Angus stepped from the stage onto our table during the show  ;D By the way, Bon was best  8)
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 04:51:22 AM »
Years and years ago I saw an interview with angus in what I think was new york city.He was standing on a hotel balcony on a cold,grey fall day looking completely strung out.He has wearing a leather jacket and cradling a big cup of coffee with both hands.
The MTV guy interviewing him was babbling on and on excitedly asking him about his guitar-some said he played an SG because of tonal qualities this and that and all this technical mumbo jumbo.When the guy finally got around to asking what were the real reasons the great Angus Young only played an SG he peeked up over the rim of his cup and said-"it's got a small neck" What? said the interviewer. "Ive got little fingers.It's got a small neck" -and went back to his coffee.I always thought that was too funny.I couldn't find the interview but here's another.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDUQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fezinearticles.com%2F%3FAn-Interview-with-Angus-Young-of-ACDC---Why-He-Plays-a-Gibson-SG%26id%3D63571&rct=j&q=angus%20young%20interview%20gibson&ei=LcF9Tt7MF8Pt0gGU1szRDw&usg=AFQjCNFjrwOb4nuOFi__I2QaZvC8CSKwGw&sig2=Ajf_N2TQBkbJXJzm52klag&cad=rja

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 07:41:58 AM »
Ford I would have pegged you as an ABBA fanatic. ::)

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
Me?Seriously?Not likely.It is ,however,frequently on the playlist of this station. RADIO MAICO INTERNATIONAL. Yup,what else would Maico types listen to.I initially just searched Abba/Maico.Sometimes the search gods smile on you.I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket :D
Anyway,enjoy Sachs-I know you have it cranking in your garage and in your helmet as well.

http://www.internet-radio-guide.net/en/oldies-online-radio/9/261264/radio-maico-internetradio-de-muziekgigant-uit-twenteland-dat-is-mijn-radio-draait
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:26:35 AM by ford832 »

Offline Bioflex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:15:22 AM »
Glad to see the love for AC/DC, it still impresses me just how big they are the world over, since they started in Australia all those years back. They are the best example I could ever think of where a bunch of guys just play music they enjoy - rather than modify what they do to fit into what's currently in.
 It was Malcom and Angus's brother George (who produced many of their albums) that apparently gave them the advice to stick to what they love, George's band the Easybeats stopped having fun and sales slumped when they decided to get too technical, luckily the younger brothers took this advice and never swayed.

One thing I have always found fascinating about AC/DC is for their level of fame and riches (which is absolutely massive) they all do well to keep an extremely low profile (at least in the last 30 years).

I am extremely jealous of anyone who got to see them in a pub before they made it big, I have seen them in a stadium a few times and while a good show, I reckon AC/DC are just a pub band through and through so the big stage stuff doesn't do them justice.

Went to Fremantle last year and said G'day to Bon's statue down near the wharf. They were/are all littler blokes that's for sure!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
I saw them last year here in Perth and they were aewsome! Angus spun me out at how long he can do a solo! 10 minutes he went for!! I couldnt believe it and it was damn hot too, best concert ever for sure :-)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
AC/Dc are dead set legends........................... BUT you Aussies have also unleashed these people on the world as well. ;D

Rolf Harris- Royal Albert Hall- Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport

The Wiggles - Hot Poppin' Popcorn

http://youtu.be/2_N5TRk1Qt8

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
Woouldnt mind some of there dough too!

Ha ha! I bet the Wiggles have had quite a few yummy mummys throw em selves at em  8)

05 CR 250

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »
I think  these are the kind of yummy mummys the wiggles attract scotty dog.You like that? Ugh,you can have them :o

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 06:43:39 PM »
Ya sure thats not a photo of ya girlfriend? HAHAHAAA :D :D :D bloody Canadians.....lol thats funny
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:46:36 PM by scotty dog »

05 CR 250