Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hi everyone. I'm new here to 2smokes anonymous. 125 Elsi question  (Read 2341 times)

Offline CaptianReddawg

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hi everyone. I'm new here to 2smokes anonymous. 125 Elsi question
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:33:03 PM »
Aloha from the Big Island of hawaii gang. I have a beautiful 1980 CR 125 Elsinore, she is the last year that we can race in Vintage class here in hawaii. Double springer, air cooled, drum brakes. ect.. Anyway she is a great bike, however she refuses to make any "real" power until 11000-11500 rpm. everything lower is clutch killing bog, I have rejeted her, she is crisp off the low side on the stand, But absolutely refuses to make any real torque. I am looking for any suggestions, tips, advise. Last season I was sponsored on a works 74 cz 400 ( to be referred to after as the Beast) and it was a torque monster, any where in the middle of these 2 bikes would greatly be appreciated. I love elsi and would hate to put a xr 250 into her. Lemme know whatcha got. Would love to hear some great ideas.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone. I'm new here to 2smokes anonymous. 125 Elsi question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:34:22 AM »
Hopefully you ditched the 23" front wheel.I'm not familiar with the 1980 CR125 but I recently sold an 82 CR125 and that bike had a very nice,hard hitting powerband.I suspect the bog may be the nature of the beast but with a bump in compression,pipe and carb mods you might be able to improve things.

I once Ebayed a 75 Falta Replica.What a nice bike and to this day I wish I had kept the CZ.