Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Exhaust sytems for KX250  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
Exhaust sytems for KX250
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
So I'm looking for a little input on different exhaust pipes and silencers!

I recently dented and bent my FMF SST Pipe. I am wondering if it would be more beneficial to try a different setup. I put on the  FMF gnarly pipe with turbine core 2 spark arrestor. this setup i great for the super tight and technical stuff, but absolutely has no top end and over-rev for mx wide open trails. The SST pipe and titanium 2 silencer from FMF was a great combo for the KX250, it still had lots of grunt down low and continued to pull hard and yet smooth through the rpm's, it had ample top end as compared to the gnarly pipe. I understand the differences in these two pipes as well as the purposes they were designed for. So I like the SST setup, it has served me well and I am comfortable with the powerband.

I'm debating fixing the SST pipe or trying a new setup. I am inclined to try the PC Works pipe or Platinum pipe and 304 factory sound silencer(not the R304 shorty). Possibly the FMF Fatty, but I really want to get the most out of this engine! I hear DEP makes good systems, but I haven't really heard any thing convincing about them!

I think the PC Works/Platinum pipe with the PC 304 silencer would yield the most power up top, it might sacrifice a little on the bottom end, but hey, it's an mx bike, I want it to scream, not lug around the track!

I'm running the Vforce 3 reed valve, and it helped to wake this bad boy up as far as throttle response goes! Maybe with a full PC or DEP system it could really scream!

The bike is an '01 KX250!
Thanks,
Chad 8)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
Re: Exhaust sytems for KX250
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »
Chad the PC works pipe with the R304 silencer would be what I would go with. I run that set up with my 02 Honda CR 125 and I also use the v-force and my bike rips. I can stay within a bike and a half length of 250f's with it so I'm happy with that set up. There's a reason you actually see more PC exhausts on 2t's than any other exhaust thats because they work better! and the raw metal on the works pipe looks sweet too!

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Thanks oldermxr!
that's what I keep hearing about PC, and the works pipe looks awesome!
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
Go the works pipe, i put an FMF works on my CR and i reckon it looks the best, i dont think it had a great increase in any particular area that i noticed.
FMF might be a bit stronger than a PC though.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »
Are there any other companies out there are just not so well known but make a good product?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
There is also Bill's pipe's & Doma.

Check this out. Might give you some ideas.

http://www.dirtrider.com/tech/141_0302_2003_two_stroke_exhaust_test/index.html
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
Thanks TMKIWI, that helps out alot!