Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike  (Read 21047 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
At a race at Aztzlan in 97 on a NCY YZ125 95 Pedro Gonzolis supercross bike, supercross settings on shock, forks outdoor setup, no it didn,t handle right. The track is extremely competive,fastest riders in the midwest showup. In 125 b  with 44 racers, i,m in the top 10 , in a rythem section, cartwheeled the bike over the snow fence, and I blasted threw the fence. It was funny there was a excited kid there saying that was awesome,can I have your autograph. I laughed and just told him,let me finish the race 1st, then I,ll sign the broke rear fender for ya. At the RacerX vet race 9-11-11  they had 28 riders in 55plus, 60plus 13 riders, 50 plus expert 12 riders, 50 plus b,c 25 riders, that,s cool as hell that these older guys are banging bars yet. They also have 35 plus 125 class separate from the regular classes, redbud also has the same class this year. In 2010 0r 09 thet had 38 riders at Aztalan in 35plus 125 class. Ryan Hughs  was there this year, he raced 3 classes.

Offline coblefutch

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
I'm and old dude, I was at a local mx track and was riding pretty well, for me anyway. Some of the young kids (15-17 yo) were impressed a -bit by an old dude getting around the track pretty well. After several laps I pulled off and up to the group of kids as I stopped I had my left foot down and my right still on my brand new footpegs( with good sharp teeth) I went to switch my feet and as I leaned the bike to the right and went to slide my right boot off the peg it hung up, so I slowly fell over and no matter how much I struggled I could not get my foot off that peg. They watched in disblief as I flopped over.
Needless to say they were no longer impressed. :o

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 06:20:26 PM »
At one of the riding areas friends and myself frequent there is a logging bridge over a creek and after the bridge the road forks. This makes it a natural place to stop and plan a days ride,get a drink etc. One day we stopped and one guy went to put his foot on the side rail to balance himself and missed!Over the edge he went with his RM close behind. Poor guy broke his arm! ???

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:46 PM »
Stupid; Me aged about 12 on my mates 1980 YZ 80 with no helmet, throttle stuck 3/4 open and instead of pulling in the clutch n stopping i bailed! Two stitches in me head and gravel stones in my hands! Plus a pretty bad concussion  :)

Embarrasing; Running out of fuel halfway down the start straight, first race!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
Stupid; Me aged about 12 on my mates 1980 YZ 80 with no helmet, throttle stuck 3/4 open and instead of pulling in the clutch n stopping i bailed! Two stitches in me head and gravel stones in my hands! Plus a pretty bad concussion  :)

Embarrasing; Running out of fuel halfway down the start straight, first race!

I think you got those backwards. You should be EMBARRASED you were riding without a helmet AND that you paniced and bailed. It was just STUPID to run out of gas halfway down the start straight, first race!

;D
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Ya probably right, i havent ridden without a helmet since, it was embarrasing when i ran outta fuel coz EVERYONE wet themselves laughing as they watched me push a lifeless KX250 back to the pits  ;)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
You're certainly far from the first person to have to push a lifeless KX  :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »
 I would have to say the one really stupid thing I did when I was 11 or 12 yrs. old & had a "81" rm-80 & I decided I was going up on the mountain to take a ride & on my way up I had to go through a couple alley ways to get on the mountain & needless to say I had to by-pass the junior high school I attended but I was'nt worried @ all about that because it was Summer time & I was on break,however on my way up I ran into a female friend standing outside of the school so I stopped to say hi & asked her if she wanted to take a ride up on the mountain with me? Her answer was no but @ least she asked me to stop up her aunts house later that evening because she had to babysit her nephew.Of course I told her I'd be there & I guess due to me being extremely excited about spending time with this girl that I had a major crush on I stupidly had to show off & I said to her "do you dare me to ride down the hill & onto the baseball field?"
 There was a little league baseball game in progress so she told me that I did'nt have the balls to do that! I told her wrong answer & started my rm-80 up & took of down the hill towards the ball field & I rode a wheelie to the in-field & proceeded to ride around the in-field doing donuts & shooting roost all over the place! Next thing I know a couple off adults trying to watch the game got up from the bleachers & took off in their cars & one of the coaches ran up towards me & yelled that the police are on their way & told me I would be arrested! So I took off and rode up a street heading to the mountain & as I got to the gravel rode that takes me up on the mountain a City Police officer was flying towards me in his car with the lights on & thankfully I had a old style Scotts face mask & a old open face helmet so I know they did'nt know who I was I just had to worry about the girl who did know me & hope they did'nt go interogate her! Lucky for me I got up the gravel rode to a gate that's still there to this day & I had enough room on the right side to go around it so I made it around the locked gate & rode as far as I could up the mountain & hid up there until dark & then snuck down off the Mt. & locked & covered my rm-80 in the garage & went in my house to get cleaned up so I could walk up to the girls aunts house but by the time I got there her aunt was already home & asked me what in the heck am I doing at her house & I said as calmly as I could that I was looking for a buddy of mines house & I must have got the wrong address! She did'nt hardly believe me but @ least I ended up going back home & was very thankful that the PoPo did'nt catch me! After that fiasco I stayed off of my bike for about 4 months & then finally sold it to a friend & about a year & a half later I got a Suzuki 230 quadsport 4-choke four-wheeler! It was a total dog of a four-wheeler so I did'nt keep it very long............... :o  ???  :-X

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
The things we do to impress girls are quite often stupid. ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
Last fall I was going down a hill on my yz250 and probably doing about 50. Anyways, I looked backwards at something... so stupid of me :'( You know how they say that you turn the way you look? Well it doesnt work like that, I wish it did I would have been fine. But anyways, I was going down, looked backwards and didnt turn ENOUGH to avoid some waist high wooden poles on the side of the road. Needless to say I hit them... Just my foot and leg though, Thank God the bike was alright. In the end, I went to the hospital with an almost severed achilles tendon, and 15 stitckes, along with a million splinters on the leg that hit the pole. I was back on my bike in about two weeks though, lucky for me I wasnt out to long.  ;D

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »
Sorry. I have to revive this thread.

So, last weekend was the last race of the year. I had just did a complete engine rebuild of my 1980 Can-Am MX6 400 (top and bottom) and was eager to see how much power I could squeeze out of it. The day dawned with drizzle and that boded well for me. The track had a new and considerably different layout than in the past and I hoped that my years of racing would be to my advantage searching for new lines as the track bedded in. It is very tight, great for the few 125's. I ran the whole practice (usually I just put in a couple of fast laps for qualifying) to get some groves going in the turns and test my lines. When the first moto came, I had qualified 5th fastest overall and 2nd MX1 (we run combined MX1 and MX2 classes). My start was poor but I made up quite a few positions after the first turn and looked to be in 5th place (2nd MX1). The next two guys were directly in front of me and I know I could get them and when I did, I started reeling in the MX 1 in front of me but stalled the motor in a turn and dropped back to 6th. Digging in and fighting harder, I got back to 3rd only to stall it again passing a lapper (a 125 no less!) and again dropped back to 7th. On the last lap, I passed 2 riders and was bumping the 4rd place rider in the last corner but couldn't get at the finish.

Not bad for breaking in the new motor I'd say and I was excited for the final moto. This would be my day. If I got a decent start and could beat the one MX1 in front of me, I'd win the day and might even be able to pressure the 250F that was running away with it.

My start was mid pack but by the 2nd turn, I was in 5th and had up to 2nd planned where the passes would take place. I made my move on the outside of the Kawasaki 250F in 4th but the engine bogged and I thought it would die! I fanned the clutch and we raced down the straight side by side but entering the next corner, the engine died. I kicked and kicked but nothing. I pulled the kill switch wire (my kill switch was in questionable condition) and still nothing. A spectator brought a plug and plug wrench, spark but no fire. I watched the checker flag come out and began the long push back to the pits. While waiting for stragglers to finish so as to cross the track, I just looked in the tank and...

There was no fuel.

:-[
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 11:04:22 PM »
Left a rag in my airbox the night before a race. Brand new 05 yz250. Next day at the track I had 5 different people try to start it, pulled it up and down the pits behind a quad. Changed the ignition, plug, cdi, had the whole bike apart almost but never seen the rag. I was so mad I went home. Took it to my mechanic the next day and was quickly called a dumbass  :P
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
Left a rag in my airbox the night before a race. Brand new 05 yz250. Next day at the track I had 5 different people try to start it, pulled it up and down the pits behind a quad. Changed the ignition, plug, cdi, had the whole bike apart almost but never seen the rag. I was so mad I went home. Took it to my mechanic the next day and was quickly called a dumbass  :P
  Haha that,s funny

Offline Miscreant317

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »
On New Year's Eve (during the day before the drinking got started!) I had my son and daughter (he turned 4 that day and she will be 7 in Feb) out in our field working on teaching them to ride the PW50 and crf50 Santa brought them. My daughter decided she'd had enough and went inside so I hopped on her crf and played around a little bit. I spent most of my youth on bikes but haven't been on dirt in 10 years especially on a little toy 50. I start to get cocky thinking I can do whatever I did back then. Go out to the asphalt (No..I did not have a helmet on either. I should have went and got my street bike helmet). I then proceed to try riding wheelies on the 50. First attempt, got it up and held it for all of 2 feet then of course flipped backwards. Bike was nice and shiny with a new BBR graphics kit so my dumb as holds onto it so it wont get scratched (which it didn't!) and dropped ass-first on the asphalt. Broken tailbone! My son comes over and just says "You not supposed to ride on the street daddy it's dangerous".

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
Left a rag in my airbox the night before a race. Brand new 05 yz250. Next day at the track I had 5 different people try to start it, pulled it up and down the pits behind a quad. Changed the ignition, plug, cdi, had the whole bike apart almost but never seen the rag. I was so mad I went home. Took it to my mechanic the next day and was quickly called a dumbass  :P

Hahaha don't worry mate I did the same thing... Well I didn't take it to a mechanic but tore my old XR100R all the way down. Anyone who isn't completely biased knows these bikes are very reliable and I was confident it wouldn't just die like that. I ended up taking out the spark plug, cut a little bit off and rescrewed the cap, I changed the oil to check for metal shavings, attempted to clutch start it etc. Eventually I decided to strip it down to its bear metal and figure it out. This bike was half project and half fun for me at the time and I wouldn't normally touch the engine but as it happened I had previously bought a full repair manual for it so I was confident I would be fine. I was too.... But when I finally got the engine out I glimpsed at the rag firmly stuffed into the intake... I'm pretty sure I killed all the ants and mice in that shed with my language... As for stupid things I was doing wheelies in a dry paddock one time about a year ago and as people who have ridden in the more arid paddocks and country side of Australia know... Termites have a nasty habbit of building their massive mounds In the most inconvenient places possible. Anyway the grass was a decent length and the beige brown it goes in the dry times so I was quite suprised  to find myself leaving the comfortable seat of my bike and catching a brief glimpse of the silver handlebars as I was flung from the machine at a less then safe velocity... When I finally figured out that I was infact inhaling dirt and I got up (after several tries) The bike was infact by some miracle fine but I had a decent concussion.

A near death experience I had was getting highsided by my bike and was flung onto the ground. As I looked to my left because I wasn't hurt at all I noticed a starpickit about half a metre away from where I lay. Somebody out there must still like me cos I was in for a sucky death if I had come off just that little bit earlier.

Embarrassing things... Where to start xD stalling it over a jump at the track, and while taking off as I was still getting used to the bike. This was my old CRF250R dumper but anyway. I also had the smarts to wash the mud off my gloves before resuming riding one time.... You can imagine how much grip that gave me of my handlebars