Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike  (Read 21048 times)

Offline Marco810

• Novice
    • View Profile
Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »
Broke my truck window with roost...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »
I kicked the shit out of my bike for about half an hour before i realised it had the exhaust plug in it yesterday. Thought it was flooded, nooope just severe stupidity

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
I kicked the shit out of my bike for about half an hour before i realised it had the exhaust plug in it yesterday. Thought it was flooded, nooope just severe stupidity

haha me too, done that quite a few times with my 125, it doens't have enough power to shoot the plug out the back when i kick it over, so ive had many times where i just keep kicking until i check everything over and then notice the plug in the exhaust, then i bang my head on the bar pad and take the plug out kick it once and it fires lol

our 250 on the other hand will shoot the plug across the street when you kick it over with he plug in

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »
Yeah mine to lol. I actually, no shit, hit the dog with mine. Poor bugger is lucky his ribs weren't fractured cos just for the fun of it, I put one of those heavy duty house moving boxes behind it. Took me 20 minutes to find the plug cos it blew right through it. I've really got to unfuck the jetting on my bike its dirtying plugs fast and being a slut to start.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:40 PM »
I've really got to unfuck the jetting on my bike its dirtying plugs fast and being a slut to start.
My jetting is a bit off too, but it doesn't take much more to start than normal jetting, unless the engine is hot, then it takes a few kicks.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »
I took my plug out yesterday and cleaned it as thoroughly as humanly possible but its still not real flash. it just dirties up very quickly that plug couldn't be more then 10 riding hours old. Its a piece of piss to start once its warm but can take a fair few kicks otherwise

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 03:15:27 AM »
but its still not real flash
Do you mean its not sparking a nice bright blue? Because that could be something else other than a dirty plug.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:39 AM »
When I take it out its just a filthy black color. I put some fuel in a lid of a jar or something and just dab it in and out, scrub it with a wire brush and repeat but it dirties up very quickly. I haven't actually looked at spark itself I plan on doing that when I get my new clutch cable

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
When I take it out its just a filthy black color.
Oh ok. Mine comes out exactly like that too, but it still sparks blue even though its oiled up, so I don't worry about it to much.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »
How long do you ride your plugs for before you take them out? I would've had about 5-10 hours on this one from brand new and it turned the fuel i had in the lid almost black. With a brand new plug in it, hot or cold it will kick up first time no worries. For every hour of riding on it, add an extra kick to get it started it seems. Im thinking this isnt normal

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
I ride 6 months before I take the plug out and test it. That's quite a few hours, unless I notice something that requires a plug chop or something. I wouldn't think that is normal for your bike though. Maybe try leaning out the jetting. Also, check your air/fuel screw. Start it at about 2 1/2 out from lightly seated and work from there.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:44 AM »
I honestly don't know what im doing with the jetting so could you do me a massive favour and post up a little guide please? The logical place to start was drive the fuel/Air mixture screw all the way in and then go out from there but theres probably a smarter way  :P

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »
Well start with the air/fuel mix screw. Turn it in to a lightly seated position, and then back it out about 2 1/2 turns. Run the bike for a little bit and then look at the plug. Here is a guide to plug chopping:
If the air/fuel screw doesn't fix it for you, then try the jetting. They are really cheap and easy to install, so buy a few sizes lean and try them all. Take the plug out and clean it between every plug test and compare your results to the picture above. Hope this helps  :)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
my plug usually looks a little like a cross between The worn plug and carbon fouling. My choke operation is fine and its got a freshish air filter, so you're on the money haha. Thanks a bunch I'll get it done tomorrow. I've set aside this weekend for a major overhaul and tune up. I had a 2005 CRF250R that blew up so its in pieces and im putting the showa suspension onto my YZ for a couple of reasons all of which can be found: http://twostrokemotocross.com/forum/technical/problems-problems-problems-%28caused-by-my-lack-of-experience%29/

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:07 PM »
No problem  :) But if the electrode on the plug is worn like it looks like in the picture after only a few hours of riding, then there is an issue somewhere. The electrode should not wear down to that after a few hours hahaha