Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: First post here. '96 RM125 project needs a new cylinder.  (Read 2581 times)

Offline TheRadBaron

• Novice
    • View Profile
First post here. '96 RM125 project needs a new cylinder.
« on: August 12, 2011, 10:50:11 PM »
Hey guys.  This is my first post here.  I recently brought home a '96 RM125 in sorry shape.  I'm fixing it up with the intention of getting a start in AMA enduro and hare scrambles racing.  The rebuild is going well, but the cylinder turned out to have been sleeved by the PO.  Not a big deal, but the sleeve is cracked at the exhaust port bridge.  I haven't head of resleeving a cylinder that has already been sleeved, but I imagine that it could be done.
I'd rather get a stock plated cylinder and go from there, though.  The '96 cylinder is a one-year-only part and I can't find one for sale anywhere.  Does anyone here have one that they'd sell me?  It need not be in great shape.  I plan on having it replated if necessary.  Sorry that my first post is begging for parts, but I really want to get this thing going and this is going to hold me up.  Thanks a lot.
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.  -Tacitus