Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: stuck in 1st  (Read 2159 times)

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
stuck in 1st
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
Although, it's a gear I probably should stay in, it's not too fun after awhile. 

This is my newest problem from the end of my 2001 CR 125 case split post:

Put the flywheel on and braaaap braaap!  But here's me thinking I get to split em again a third time:  SHE'S STUCK IN 1ST NOW! haha  I rode Sunday, went over the bars beautifully in the whoops, rode again yesterday and stupid me always checking to see what gear I'm in clicks down to 1st and it sticks there.  Know what that might be? What parts may I need now?  Thaaaanks two stroke brethren/sisterns

For those of you who havent been following the post, on my second time of splitting the cases I had to re-install an extra washer on the main drive between a bearing and a gear that I forgot.  I doubt that it's the problem this time, but I have been wrong a time or two before!   Thanks again

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: stuck in 1st
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
Throw the bike on a crate with the rear wheel elevated.Pull the clutch cover and clutch basket assy.Behind the clutch basket you will see the gear selector mechanism.Get a friend to move the shift lever while you rotate the rear wheel.If you can't see any problems here then you may have bent a shift fork. 

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
OOOOOoookey doke.   This problem hopefully solved.  It looks as though a dowel pin (or a bushing) fell in there and stuck between a gear.  I split the case and found it on the left side.  The microfiche (http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2001/CR125/CRANKCASE) (36,37) says there's only two dowels for the case half to fit on, and I believe I have both intact and functioning in their respective places.  The other problem is this: I went into the clutch side first to check the shifting linkage and the kickstart gear that goes below the gear the kickstart is attached to has a copper type bushing and it pushed out about halfway and is peened over and mashed.  On the back of the clutch hub there is minimal rub from it or from the "dowel pin".  Now the big question is....is this a mystery dowel pin or is this part that looks verrry similar to a dowel or is it a bushing off of something? 

On the microfiche I can't seem to order just the kickstart gear bushing, wtf, do I gotta get the whole gear?http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2001/CR125/KICK-STARTER-SPINDLE  It's gear #2, the idler, is the bushing "built in".?   That's not my main concern, its these freakin extra parts, and in this case this dowel/washer!  I cant find where else a dowel would go....any ideas on any bushings that look very similar to a dowel, chamfered on the end the same, bend and damage much like a dowel would go?  Thanks!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
It's hard to say without seeing it. There are alignment pins on the cylinder too, are those both still in place?
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.