Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: We lost another one.....  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
We lost another one.....
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:08:48 PM »
Well guys we lost another fellow rider at ponca city her name was Isabella Koob and from what i have found out she was involved in a first turn crash that didn't end up well . It's always sad to hear that a fellow rider has died especially a younger one who has never had the chance to grow up to be something really great  :'(. All my prayers go out to her and her family- R.I.P Ride In Peace
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: We lost another one.....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
Damn! I hate bad news  :(  :(  :(
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline rookie

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
RIP...

Offline Mountain Goat

• Braap! Braap! Braaaaaap!
  • Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
All condolences to her family.  RIP Isabelle knowing that fellow riders mourn your loss.

This is a dangerous thing we do.
1997 RM250
2008 RM250
2008 KTM Super Duke R

Offline Shawn36

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:14:07 AM »
There was a young lady who died last year in a first turn crash at Loretta Lynn's too.  I dunno what is happening but I sure don't remember so many people dying in this sport at any point during the 30 years I've been around it.  Praying for the family.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:23:55 AM »
Very sad news.

I had the same thought as Shawn, seems like way too many deaths the last couple of years.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »
RIP Isabelle, sincere condolences to her family
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
Very very sad. My heart goes out to the family. My daughter is just starting to ride and is really excited about it but this gives me the willies....
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline IllusionGrafix

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
very very sad! RIP! It does seem as though more people are being lost in our sport. My opinion is this, the bikes are getting easier to go faster therefor the tracks are bing changed to accommodate this which is not really causing more wrecks but when they do happen they are usually worse. The start at Ponca this year is completely idiotic and more than likely contributed to how severe this crash was. God Speed!

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
 :(
very very sad! RIP! It does seem as though more people are being lost in our sport. My opinion is this, the bikes are getting easier to go faster therefor the tracks are bing changed to accommodate this which is not really causing more wrecks but when they do happen they are usually worse. The start at Ponca this year is completely idiotic and more than likely contributed to how severe this crash was. God Speed!
Likewise Isabella Koob " GOD SPEED" & may you rest in peace..... :(  :(  :(

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 03:05:55 PM »
Very very sad. My heart goes out to the family. My daughter is just starting to ride and is really excited about it but this gives me the willies....

I hear that.I always wanted my daughter to ride with me and her bike was ready to go when she was a year and a half old-though she was a few years from riding.Initially we rode around home then I took her to the track.She enjoyed it but was never as in to it as I was though I never forced her-only if she suggested it.Her first superman over the bars nearly left me with a load in my pants.She was sore and bruised but just shook it off and  kept going.She has somewhat lost interest in recent years(she's 12 now) and has turned her attention to dance and fishing.Though I wouldn't trade my riding over the years for anything,realizing how many accidents and injuries I've had-and how many could have easily been much worse-her decision suits me just fine.

I can't even begin to imagine what the parents are going through right now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:07:40 PM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Joe III

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Business Finance Consultant
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »
We also lost a one of our young junior speedway riders on July 20 in San Berdoo, Nick Varner. It's almost like an epidemic.
If you're afraid to break it, it's not worth having.

Offline gagegassmann22

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
R.I.P.

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
This is a dangerous sport we all know that but for the life of me I can't get my head around losing so many and mostly so young.
RIP Isabella
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
My sincerest condolences. I cannot imagine the loss they feel as parents. I know the accident had a sobering effect on Stephi. She and I talked about it when we found out. Stephanie, her Mom and I were at Ponca when this happened. Stephanie was racing the Women's 125-250 Non-Pro class. I didn't see the crash, I only found out later it happened in the first turn. For those of you who haven't been to Jack Blevins MX park, the "first turn" is not really a turn. It is more of a very gradually sweeping S. I am sure the women in my daughters class were going into this set of turns in at least 4th gear pinned. I don't think I heard 1-10th shut off through the entire start section. Most of the women ride 250f's so this gives you an idea of the speed at this particular start. The dust was also horrible. No one may ever know the main cause. I do think the start straight was way too long (150-200yds ), generated way to much speed leading onto a really rough sand straight.