Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Service Honda kx500  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
I'd rather be riding...

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Service Honda kx500
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »
Good find CR!!You need a big-bore 2 stroke to go that far...with the 250 frame it is a perfect match. The guy was on a 450 four stroke before..He saw the light and made the switch!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:20:49 PM »
I say he should've taken the new Maico 500 for a flight.  I'm not sure how many horsepower a KX500 motor makes, but if it's more than the Maico's 67 I'll eat my shirt.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline KXAF888

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »
AJ is just a madman when it come to building big bore 2 strokes!!!
I have had it with 4 stroke turds

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »
That landing looks so nasty.  And i am glad he switched to the awesome 500.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »
I say he should've taken the new Maico 500 for a flight.  I'm not sure how many horsepower a KX500 motor makes, but if it's more than the Maico's 67 I'll eat my shirt.

From Service Honda's Web Site

The KX500AF combination of light weight big power and great stability result in a bike that is as at home on a motocross track as it is in the desert and is ready to to tackle the steepest dunes with ease. You never have to worry about needing more power when you are the KX500AF. Priced at $11,499.00

Delivery time will vary from 6-7 weeks from the receipt of your deposit for motorcycles built to your specifications.

How much is the Maico?
Where can I get one?
How long will it take?

I have a 04 Service Honda, I will be getting a new 500 in the next 12-24 months. I doubt I will have more than 2 choices (CR500AF or KX500AF).

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:02:15 PM »
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
www.dirtwurx.com

Thanks
I clicked the link, No useful information of any kind.
I could not find an order form, or any pricing or delivery info at all. I am beginning to think someone is trying to play a joke on me.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
www.dirtwurx.com

Thanks
I clicked the link, No useful information of any kind.
I could not find an order form, or any pricing or delivery info at all. I am beginning to think someone is trying to play a joke on me.

Rich Winkler from Dirt Wurx is the new US importer for Maico. He is the one to contact for any information regarding the new bikes. He does not have a great deal of information on the site as he does not have bikes in stock at this time.

Your best bet is to write him and if your serious about a bike as to be put on a list to be contacted when they arrive in the states.

This is the only info he has on his site at this time. http://www.dirtwurx.com/maico.php
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »
That landing looked way flat to be flying 290+ feet. He must have had some seriously stiff springs in that thing.

Imagine pulling a boner air off that jump?! That would be the worst rag doll yard sale in history.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 03:38:20 PM »
I saw this before prob. on wisconsinmx, Johny Greeves lives 20 min. north of Green Bay, he hired McGrath last year to race one of his trucks. This past summer a chic that was at one of the truck races, told me that McGrath won his 1st  truck race the day before, Mc was super happy. That has to be alot of fun racing a 900 hp truck. On the servicehonda site there,s used 500,s and a alum. frame KX 250, for cheeper than stock. Service Honda is loacated in Hammond Indiana, right next to Gary Ind. the birthplace of Michael Jackson, which is next to Chicago for those that don,t know.

Offline KXAF888

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 04:40:44 PM »
I saw this before prob. on wisconsinmx, Johny Greeves lives 20 min. north of Green Bay, he hired McGrath last year to race one of his trucks. This past summer a chic that was at one of the truck races, told me that McGrath won his 1st  truck race the day before, Mc was super happy. That has to be alot of fun racing a 900 hp truck. On the servicehonda site there,s used 500,s and a alum. frame KX 250, for cheeper than stock. Service Honda is loacated in Hammond Indiana, right next to Gary Ind. the birthplace of Michael Jackson, which is next to Chicago for those that don,t know.

I have ridden THAT bike(it was AJ's personal ride).....
I have had it with 4 stroke turds