Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: new member  (Read 3287 times)

Offline wayfastwilly

• Novice
    • View Profile
« on: November 29, 2009, 09:53:19 PM »
Hey! Im william, im a 42yr old father of 2 moto racers. Lil Will is 10, he rides a 05 rm 105 built by eric gorr and a 85 lt230 4stroke quad, and Taylor is 14 and races a modded 01 rm 265 in the C class also built by eric gorr. We are in north Miss. We race King of the Hill races, local stuff and area arena cross races.        Taylor was born without fingers on his right hand, so he is my miracle rider. When he was 10 i bought him and his brother a couple off 50cc minis to see if he could physiclly ride a motorcycle and he took to it like like fish to water. I worked closely with eric gorr on his engine to customize the powerband to suit taylors riding style. He gave us his 4 stroke port job  ;D  This port job took the hit out of the powerband, its just like riding a 450, traction everywhere, huge torque and power everywhere, and the maintanance and easy starting of the 2 stroke.  WIN/WIN  We are very impressed so far. We rode at a all sand track the other day with a faster rider on a kx450f and he made a few hot laps with taylor, he would come out of the deep corners on the outside line ahead of Taylor and our RM would pull a bike length ahead every straight.  When they asked the 450 rider what the deal was, he said, I couldnt do anything with him, he has more bike than i have.  BIG GRIN ;D  Long live the smokers!  Great site guys.  Glad to be here.   Wayfastwilly 8)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »
What an inspiring story!

Obviously you are a wonderful father. Giving both of your children an opportunity to ride, no matter the physical differences. It takes a special person to search for altenatives instead of just giving up. You are my hero!

As for beating the 450F's, tell Taylor to kick their butts!! LOL
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »
wayfastwilly please pass this onto Taylor...

Please tell Taylor to continue to KICKING THERE ARSE!!"   ;D ;D ;D

Keep up the good work wayfastwilly.  There is nothing like the father son time spent in the garage working on the bikes, and cheering on your kids at the tracks.  Enjoy every moment of it, as time passes by so quickly.

My brother lost his thumb and index finger on his left hand in an industrial accident a few years ago.  After he had recovered, I forced him, yes forced him (I didn't give him a choice), to go riding with me.  I borrowed a quad with a semi auto tranny so he didn't have to worry about the clutch.  We went for a little trail ride.  Lets just say that for the few hours we were able to steal away, I could tell he was his old carefree self, reliving his childhood of when we used to go riding everyday.  We've gotten out a more times since then, and the last time he kept looking at my KTM 300...  So I let him take her for a spin... Once he figured out where to position his left hand so he could work the clutch,  it was like turning back the clock 30 years, to where we were 15 year olds without a care in the world....
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline wayfastwilly

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »
Thanks guys,  Ill pass this on to taylor,  We really have enjoyed our times with the bikes even though i dont ride myself. Just the thought of my boys wanting to hang out with their old man  makes me happy, plus drugs and alcohol  not much of an issue in motocross.

Recovered

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 01:00:33 PM »
Make this a regular stop in your day. You never know what you may learn while you are here. It's amazing that you can make a 2 stroke ACT like a 4T, but you can do it the other way around??? Once it's a 4T, you are stuck.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say that.  Put a big (not small) turbo on a four-stroke and you can get some pretty funky power delivery going.  Not that anyone's done it to, say, a KXF before.  At least not that I know of.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?