Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Been away for a while  (Read 2829 times)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Been away for a while
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
Let me begin by saying sorry it's been a long time since I posted anything.I have looked in on the site often and continue to tell people I meet at the tracks about it.  I have been extremely busy with my daughter's racing, and her practices (2 bikes, chasing the amatuer Nationals, and all that entails). I posted some picts and recent videos of her in the photo section. Well, I have some time now as I am stuck on the couch for a few weeks due to surgery. And for those who may remember me it isn't because of my KX 500. Stephanie is one of the few Women to ride a 125. So, any words of support and encouragement would be greatly appreciated. This girl loves 2 strokes, and her 125's in particular,and tells anyone who will listen all about them. Thanks alot everyone , Andy.

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Been away for a while
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
My daughter is now almost 2 years old.
I can only hope for a nice riding future for her, and enjoy offroad riding as a family hobby.
Welcome back!

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
Welcome back
  My son races a 125 in the 250C class for the second year. I've noticed alot of kids are moving from thier 85 up to a 125 and kickin butt. They have added a two-stroke 125 only and two-stroke 250 only class because of thier popularity. We are on a budget and would like to get a 250 but he is doing well against 250's. Today on the first lap he fell in a turn picked up the bike and one kick and away he went and did'nt loose but one place. At the same time one kid stalled his crf250 on the starting line and kicked and kicked I don't think he ever got it started. But anyway alot of the real fast 85 riders that are moving up are going to 125's and are well funded. So stick with it they are just as fast weigh less and are easer to restart in a fall.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
She loves the weight, easy starting, and power( she wants a 144 kit on the mod bike ). The cost is a major factor as well. She has a stock bike and a mod bike that cost less than 1/2 the price of a 1-2 year old used 250f. The maintenance is also a major benefit as well for me. You are right about the well funded and really fast kids moving up. We were at Cowboy Badlands a couple of weeks ago for a Ponca qualifier and the kid that won the 125 two stroke only class was crazy fast. My daughter races that class also. She tried a 250f but it was just to big and heavy. The KX's are the perfect size for her.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
Good Luck to your kid, she,s right 125,s are where it,s at.  Hgs pipes make a special pipe for a KX 144. I have a  new Doma pipe for a  03 KX 125 , unless there was frame changes it should fit a 06, I,m no KX expert though, 200 for the pipe.  I have 2 cr125,s , one is mod with a 2mm stroker crank and 2mm overbore, with a gp wiseco piston which is quite a bit heavier than  a stock piston.  I think it makes the bike feel heavier, but the straight line power is impressive.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »
Yeah, I've been busy with boys and girls softball and baseball, plus I'm in Brunswick, GA for 3 weeks of training (until 06/24/2011). I'm glad there are dedicated people here who are dedicated and consistent. Very thankful for twostrokemotocross.com!

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
I was just up at brunswick ga tuesday for a basketball tournament.  I live about  hour from there.

Offline Harley Elliott 594

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
good luck with your daughter man!
TSM RACING 594

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of your support. It means alot to Steph as well. She really takes pride in flying the 2t banner in a sea of 250f's. There is nothing that sounds sweeter than that of a 125 screaming so high that the dogs start howling. Thanks again, Andy.