Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: GasGas doing MX  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
GasGas doing MX
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:58:13 AM »
Well, a friend of mine is a GG dealer and is having my son race either the ec250 or ec300 at our track this weekend. My son has ridden both on this track and says they are awesome. Dave, the owner, hasn't had anyone to podium with his bikes, so we're gonna try this weekend. Granted, they are a trail bike but his laptimes were only 1.5 sec slower than on his KX125, which he reams the hell out of and, of course, is familiar with.

I'm not complaining...everything is being paid for.

It was funny, he went over a jump and whipped. he said the bike felt lighter than his 125. He said he looked back and his back wheel was WAAAAYYYY out there.  Then it came back smooth as silk.

So hopefully we have a good weekend.
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: GasGas doing MX
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »
Sweet! Get some footage and photos, we can make a video for you and throw a feature up on the channel :)
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
Very cool. Definitely get some good pics/video if you can.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
Awesome!

Not only are they two-stroke 'underdogs', but enduro machines at that  :D
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »
Have to apologize fellas. We're scrubbing the race. The track we were planning on going to sucks. My kids hate it. He doesn't water, when he does it's only in certain areas and makes it soup. The jumps are flat and dangerous. We raced there all last year and my kids said never again till he fixes it. So we're just gonna stay on the KX's and hit a big track for practice.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »
You just blew my mind. He's getting an all expenses paid for race on a brand new GG and he's deciding to skip? Send the bike to me, or better yet let me fly over there, I'll race any track for a deal like that!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:13 AM »
Gas Gas has made motocrossers in the past.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
Its understandable, its all about having fun, even if it is for a 2011 Gas Gas... :-X

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:44:45 AM »
Kids,  ::), kick him in the ass, tell him to shut his spoiled rotten mouth, and ride the friggin bike and like it.
WTF is wrong with kids today?
He should be grateful to even have the privilege of being given a free ride on a brand new bike at a less than desirable location, much less to have the privilege to ride a motorcycle at all. If it were my kid I wouldn't let him ride for 6 months for displaying an attitude like that. Oh, he'd go to the trail and he'd  unload the trailer and setup camp, but his bike would sit in the trailer while he sat out and reassessed his outlook on privilege vs. entitlement. Then he would break down camp, reload the trailer, and wash everyone elses bikes when we got home.
I'm not telling you how to parent, I'm just saying kids today all seem to have an overdeveloped sense of self entitlement that is completely unjustified.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
you got it all wrong. I ride this track as well and you don't understand how bad it is. My daughter absolutely hates it. It's more my decision as well. The track is just, straight up, dangerous. Most of the track is like riding on pavement. He doesn't rip or till much and when he does, it's about 6" deep, only in certain areas.

As for riding the GG's that was a courtesy ride. I still pay the fees, he just gets the bikes. I would be using my gas as well. 110 octane isn't cheap. We're not racing in the track's series, it was just a courtesy to go and ride his GG's for him to put one on the Podium.

My decision to take them elsewhere was a sound one. I can take them to a race at this track which is in poor shape, do 10 laps each while paying $25/ class. My son & daughter race 2 classes each. The track we can go practice at they will get about 75 laps costing $20ea. This track is a new design and is groomed better than a Pro Nationals track. The owner owns a huge construction company and has every piece of equipment one could have to build the ultimate track. That's worth every drop of fuel/oil.

BTW, I'm retired military, as a child, grew up a hard life in a steel mill town and yes, I try spoil my kids with what I can afford but they are, in no way, silver-spooned spoiled. They have the utmost respect for others and know if otherwise, they'll get an asswhippin. Like Gunny says, " I am Hard, but I am Fair!"

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
Here's how it went down.
Me: "Hey, Do you guys want to race at Blackrock or practice at Podium1?"
Both without even hesitating: " Podium1."
Me: "OK, Podium it is"
Me: "Dylan, Dave wants you to race his Gas Gas's."
Dylan: "That would be cool, but I wanna ride Podium1. Better training."
Cherish: "I love Podium1."

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »
Personally, if I was in that position I would beg you to let me ride the GG at even the poor track. Especially if you'd be the one paying for everything haha. Usually I pay.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »
I apearently misunderstood, 1st cup of coffee.  ;)
So are they gonna ride the GG at POdium 1 or just pass all together on riding it?
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline smoke229

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
Sapper,
 ill tell ya what, ill take over for you. my sons bike is down and he will be racing my GASGAS EC250 sunday at LTM. ill let everyone know how it goes but believe me the bikes can compete, my son just doesnt have any seat time on it. 250B with a headling turned on.....

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »
I apearently misunderstood, 1st cup of coffee.  ;)
So are they gonna ride the GG at POdium 1 or just pass all together on riding it?

Nope. They had to ride their KX's at podium1. Besides, I just resprung the 125 & 250 for the boy so all day went into tuning the suspensions. then the rear shock on the 250 blew the head seal. Now I gotta tear it back apart.

Get pics and vid, Smoke.