Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: MX vs ATV alive  (Read 11033 times)

Offline crf721jrm

• Novice
    • View Profile
MX vs ATV alive
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
Completely not worth it. This game took about 5 steps back from Reflex. The layout of the game sucks, no championship series, the people look to big for the bike, not worth all the hype.
CRF450-------CR250

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: MX vs ATV alive
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
I knew from the start. They rushed the game and ruined a ton of things. I'm just gonna keep playin reflex.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
woot and reflex is dirt cheap ha.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline crf721jrm

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
I just keep playing it to see if it gets better, but not really. It moves you from 125cc 2stroke to the next class which is 250f's. Why dont they race them together? The graphics are really grainy compared to reflex too. The only thing you can do better in this game is scrub. I'll try to get a video downloaded by tomorrow. Have to go play my waste of $42. Oh yeah all of the cool stuff needs to be downloaded, and PS3 is down till atleast the 17th of May.(according to gamestop)
CRF450-------CR250

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
I preordered the game for PS3, should get here like Thursday.  What console are you guys using?
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »
i have reflex for my 360 and was gonna get alive for my ps3 but my friend said he got it and it sucks so im probally gonna stick to reflex
2000 yz125

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
So I should get Reflex too?  Let me try it on thursday and see how it is I guess.  Last games I played I had, some sucked big time like what was it, Jermey McGraith or ricky charmicheal thing for PS2? Was the sucks big time, bike was all weird and flakey.  Freakstyle was great tho, even better than the original ATV game.  I had those for PS2.  Motosport or whatever it is called where you can do atv, bikes or trucks or whatever for PS3 I got when it came out, was a good game.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:39 AM »
Alive is AWESOME. Anyone who thinks that Reflex is better than alive, either hasn't played reflex recently, or hasn't played Alive enough yet. Reflex is totally bogus. The supercross tracks are a joke, and are either a mudfest or sandpits. The ruts are so deep after a lap that you crash if you cross rut, yet the ruts were not rideable. The outdoor tracks are just as bad, and then you have the MASSIVE problems with the way the bikes handled in that game. Absolute rubbish, and not even close to fun. Then every second turn you got taken out by kamikaze AI riders. Also, the haybales always got pulled onto the track making you crash. Also, half the game was taken up by cars, buggies and ATV's. No thanks. And the worst part, was the way the bikes sounded. The 125 sounded so bad, I refused to use it. It was just damn annoying, and sounded nothing like a 125 should. That part alone made me hate Reflex. The 125 in Alive is amazing once set up. So much fun, so light and sounds crisp, and you have to keep jabbing the clutch to keep the bike singing. It is a shame that you cant ride 250 two strokes in Alive. That kinda sucks, but maybe will be available online in the near future. Can only hope. I am just hanging out now to get the Stewart compound for PS3 when it comes online again. Cant come soon enough. Also, supercross tracks are supposed to be amazing, so will buy them as soon as they are available. Alive is the best MX game currently available, and you should defintely get a copy. I highly recommend it. As should all other hard core moto fans !
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline crf721jrm

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:34:06 AM »
The part that sucks is that you have to BUY everything. I would have rather paid $60 for the game then have to DL the SX tracks, and new gear, etc.
CRF450-------CR250

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »
I will admit im yet to play alive personally, but as long as you spent some time on reflex you didnt have a problem with the "kamikaze" like A.I. i race on all time with a stock 125 against the "MX" class and i can still win with a 10-20 second lead, and for someone such as myself who lives in the middle of nowhere whos only internet they can get is dial-up all the DLC is just frustrating and you feel like your stuck with a half finished game
2000 yz125

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 09:44:52 AM »
I've been playing these games and racing in tournaments since MCM2 days. I have to say the best game by far was Mx vs Atv Unleashed. Super fun and an amazing game for it's time. Untamed was totally horrible. Reflex was a step up. I saw the trailers for Alive and I don't even want to waste my time with it.. It does not look worth the money, at all. When I have Mx Simulator to keep me busy I won't even bother with that junk. I'm on ps3, so I'll probably wait till PSN is back to consider buying the game.

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »
Ahhh, yes the good old MCM2.  :D
I still play it regulaly.
New add on's and tournaments/contests at mdxracing.com
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:14:48 AM by EJ »

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 06:47:02 PM »
I go to mxvgforums.com where it started for the consoles.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »
MX Simulator > All

Get good in MXS and your real-world riding will improve, because of how accurate the physics are.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Got it in the mail today, will have to play itsometime.  Was working on the bikes today, trying to get my rear brakes setup on my 86.