Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Which tires should I get for my 2001 cr 125  (Read 17558 times)

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Which tires should I get for my 2001 cr 125
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »
I just recieved my tires, chain and sprockets, first thought, well, they contain real rubber, and they look like a dirt bike tire, but, it feels a tad flimsy, well, I guess I gotta get it on the rim, pics coming soon
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
Ok, my bike is now all together, and so my testing shall now begin of the tires, a review should be up on this site within 2 months. I will give you guys a little bit of an inside scoop though, the rear tire was a tad of a bugger to put on.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:37 AM »
Also, before I begin my season, I need to jet my bike, I am round 2000 feet above sea level, run 92-94 octane pump gas, and I will run VP racing fuel on race days, I run conventional two stroke oil at 32-1, and the temperature is usually pretty mild, no super hot temperatures here. I am going to take apart my carb today, so, I will get back to you with what the stock jetting is at
I'd rather be riding...

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »
For where you are riding, I would look at the Maxxis tires. They are relatively inexpensive and work good out here in the west.

I NEVER worried about tires for groomed MX tracks. Anything should work out there.

Be careful about the fluid. If you are planning on increasing the fluid level (decreasing the air chamber) it will get stiffer, SOONER. Unless you are 200 pounds plus, you should be able to get some help with the clickers.
+1 for Maxxis tires. they are darn good for the money and they have a very good life span. i understand your situation with being 16. i used to buy only Cheng Shin knobbies when i was your age because i had no money. they sucked ass. if it was the least bit muddy the bike wouldn't climb any hills but if it was dry they were sorta ok. i didn't know any better and when i got out of school and had a job and could buy 'name' tires i was amazed at how much better the bike handled. give us a report on these new sneakers you bought.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »
Oh yes, I know, they won't be the best, but, the reviews looked good, and you could not beat the price, review coming soon.
I'd rather be riding...