Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2 STROKE RIDERS ARE MORE FUN!  (Read 4217 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
2 STROKE RIDERS ARE MORE FUN!
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:10:06 PM »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: 2 STROKE RIDERS ARE MORE FUN!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
That is so funny..... ;D ;D ;D

Even funnier is that while this guy is obviously goon riding, I've know people that ave done those things for real!! Scary!! :o :o

Did you notice on the last two laps that there was a four-stroke stalled in the corner and the guy was kicking, and kicking, and kicking, and kicking, and kicking....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »
Well, that's what you do when you own a 4T.  Imagine what those things are going to be like in 20 years.  I bet no one's going to want to do vintage races with them.  It reminds me of a video I saw (and desperately tried to find again!) of a guy riding his YZ250F and eventually falling while coming out of a turn.  He curses a bit, picks the bike up, and tries to kick it over.  This is about 2mins into the video, which is an 8min long video.  He keeps kicking, and kicking, and kicking, then panting a bit, then kicking and kicking and kicking.  At last, he gets off the bike, throws it on the ground, and walks away from it.  It was beautiful.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »
Hey Guys!,

You REALLY want to laugh???

I was watching the DVD "AMA Motocross Season Highlights 2004"

One of the things that happens is Ivan Tedesco stalls or has a bike failure of some kind at the Troy, Ohio round. He kicks and kicks and kicks, then finally kicks the bike to the ground as hard as he can in frustration!

Funniest of all of course is the commentary. Of course James is just running away with the race probably 40 seconds aread, but the only thing you hear during his camera shots from the comenta-tards are things like:

"James Stewart one of the few racers out here still using a 125cc machine. Isn't that bike just like the kind you had back in 84 David Bailey???"

"Yeah Ralph!... He just made it all the way up that hill and even did a popie wheelie on the old 2 stroke! I didn't realize you could hit the big bumps on one of those vintage machines and catch the air!"

"Well Dave, after accidentally establishing an early lead James is going to have to do more than just match the rocket dominator pace of the bling cutting edge 4 stroke man machines laser beaming down the track, he's going to have to try to find the speed to stay out of the way of these stud stallions as he tries to lap 12th place, for his own personal safety if nothing else!...."

"He's in my prayers, Ralph! I wouldn't want to see him and his tiny motorcycle ground beneath the bronzed hoofs of those throbbing steeds!"

-Camera cuts to shot of Ivan Tedesco sitting on the grass inside a turn trying to restart his bike. He kicks and kicks and kicks, and after a while he gives up and stands up off the bike. Then, he kicks over in frustration and storms away.

Hardly a word about this squeaks out of the comenta-tards.... Now, imagine for a second that same thing happening to James, they would have been blabbering about that "Bike Failure" for the rest of the entire race, and then probably for the whole first half of the next week's broadcast also.

If you have that disk, dig it out and listen to those dorks, it's really funny.

Thanks,

Jim   

I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »
Are you sure you're not Super Hunky?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »
Showing my age here...  When I used to race Southwick, they ran the track the other way!!  I did run a 2 day there in 1982 when they ran the track this direction one day though.  There was nothing like getting the first practice of the day when the track was smooth as glass.  I could just about hold my YZ125 wide open and dirt-track around the corners - it was awesome.  Maybe I'll get there this year, but it will be the 40+ class, not the 125 Youth!!  Still riding a YZ 2 stroke though!!!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
Hey Guys!,

You REALLY want to laugh???

I was watching the DVD "AMA Motocross Season Highlights 2004"

One of the things that happens is Ivan Tedesco stalls or has a bike failure of some kind at the Troy, Ohio round. He kicks and kicks and kicks, then finally kicks the bike to the ground as hard as he can in frustration!

Funniest of all of course is the commentary. Of course James is just running away with the race probably 40 seconds aread, but the only thing you hear during his camera shots from the comenta-tards are things like:

"James Stewart one of the few racers out here still using a 125cc machine. Isn't that bike just like the kind you had back in 84 David Bailey???"

"Yeah Ralph!... He just made it all the way up that hill and even did a popie wheelie on the old 2 stroke! I didn't realize you could hit the big bumps on one of those vintage machines and catch the air!"

"Well Dave, after accidentally establishing an early lead James is going to have to do more than just match the rocket dominator pace of the bling cutting edge 4 stroke man machines laser beaming down the track, he's going to have to try to find the speed to stay out of the way of these stud stallions as he tries to lap 12th place, for his own personal safety if nothing else!...."

"He's in my prayers, Ralph! I wouldn't want to see him and his tiny motorcycle ground beneath the bronzed hoofs of those throbbing steeds!"

-Camera cuts to shot of Ivan Tedesco sitting on the grass inside a turn trying to restart his bike. He kicks and kicks and kicks, and after a while he gives up and stands up off the bike. Then, he kicks over in frustration and storms away.

Hardly a word about this squeaks out of the comenta-tards.... Now, imagine for a second that same thing happening to James, they would have been blabbering about that "Bike Failure" for the rest of the entire race, and then probably for the whole first half of the next week's broadcast also.

If you have that disk, dig it out and listen to those dorks, it's really funny.

Thanks,

Jim   

hahahahahaah just love it!