Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Final Edition Suzuki RM  (Read 4709 times)

Offline j.k

• Novice
    • View Profile
Final Edition Suzuki RM
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Greetings from Finland. Apologies my bad English, but lets try.
What i found from German pages, it makes me sad. Open that link, and look the large picture.  :'(

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=138979215&__lp=1&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=23600&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=rm+125&vehicleCategory=Motorbike&segment=Motorbike&minFirstRegistrationDate=2009-01-01&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&lang=en&pageNumber=1

But i heard some rumours about something new in 2012....  very exciting rumours..

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Final Edition Suzuki RM
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
Cool.Thanks for the link  8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
I love Suzuki RM's & I wish they still sold them here in America! I've pretty much owned Suzukis most of my life minus a few other brands which were a Honda mini trail 50, "81" Maico 490 mega 2 & a Kawasaki 250 Tecate 3-wheeler & recently sold my "08" KTM-300xc to get a new KTM real soon!

Suzukis I've owned:

"81" Suzuki RM-80
   "86" Suzuki 230 Quadsports(owned 2)
   "87" Suzuki RM-125
   "82" Suzuki SP-500(4 choke turd)
   "97" Suzuki RM-250(Built for MX)

:)

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »
 link wouldnt work for me  :-[ but could you elaborate on these 2012 rumors?
2000 yz125

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
Not sure if this really means anything....
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
link wouldnt work for me  :-[ but could you elaborate on these 2012 rumors?
I agree I wish j.k would have given a bit more info especially about the rumors he heard!!!

Offline j.k

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Sad day. I getting tired of rumors and I decided to find out about things. Some people have talked about how the Finland Suzuki´s product manager was taking a part of suzuki global conference in europe.

So I grab the phone, and I call him, I want to know what he knows about the future of two stroke Suzuki!
He is very friendly guy. he tells me that he was taking a part of this big meeting. He tells me that he knows of two/three years ahead of production plans from Suzuki.
I ask him about two stroke bikes (125 and 250), he said that nobody talked about two stroke RM`s 125 or 250!. He also said that the 125-2t and 250-2t was dropped of the future production plan list. Now all adult sizes bikes are four stroke. Only one two-stroke bike left to production and it is 85cc, and they continue making of it, and got even some big changes to 2012.

Finally, he dropped a big bomb: I asked him is it possible to still buy in the future new 125 or 250 two stroke Suzuki, he said no! This year is last year that you can buy these Suzuki RM models. He said that the last two stroke RM models were made late last year october and november 2010. Their production is now closed.

Now i´m afraid that yamaha make the same.

Europeans now are our last hope...

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
You know, I have no problem with things like this. I have a feeling that the superpowers are on their way out.  Think of it like this. Suzuki is having all kinds of sales number problems. Word is, that they are last in sales in the US.  You'd think they would be smart and selling bikes like Yamaha and KTM.  They both sold out of 2 strokes.  So, if they are that stubborn or dumb, so be it.  KTM I've heard has moved up and is in the top 3 or 4 of sales in offroad.  That is huge, when you consider we always spoke of the big 4 OEM's, and they weren't in it.  They were always in the "the other company." group.  With the earthquake and radiation, I'd say things will only get worse for the big jap OEM's.  Time for a change.  "Yes we can." Obama 08   ;D
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »
Sad day but it was always comming.
Yamaha wont be producing 2 strokes for much longer either.
For all their song and dance with tests in magazines etc they havn't done any updates since 06.
If they were serious they would do some serious updates.
If you compare a Euro bike from 06 to 11 every one of them have had major changes.

If you are a Yamaha fan I would buy 1 now while you still can.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
For all their song and dance with tests in magazines etc they havn't done any updates since 06.
If you compare a Euro bike from 06 to 11 every one of them have had major changes.

I'm not totally sure I agree. I've heard that Yamaha is actually gonna up the numbers made next year, because they sold out. Guess we will see???
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »

yamaha's have been the best two strokes arround since..let's say, ever! if the bike is well made including chassi, engine, etc, why trying to modify the parts. i know that they can do better, but they can do the same mistake that honda made when they built they're first aluminum frame. they increased the handling and decreased in engine in theyr 125's. and then, people stop buying honda's like they done before and choose a different brand.

i think yamaha owners must be glad, because if they own a 2006 model, why sell the buy for a new one?! the bike stills the same.

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
Id love for the "big 4" to be european, but with the ama homologation rules its not gonna be easy to make happen
2000 yz125

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »
To bad the YZ250  transmission  doesnt hold up all that well, that would be a place to start the up grade!
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline Harley Elliott 594

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
this saddens me
TSM RACING 594

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »
I'm not saddened by this.  (well acutally i am sad to see yet another 2 stroke line dissapear)
But I already expected this for the RM's. It's the same here in Holland.
I have already accepted the fact that the future of 2 Strokes will be at the European brands.
And that's where my money will go to, like that of many other people...
As for the YZ's, i think Yamaha will just keep them around as long as possible.
Of all Japanese brands, Yamaha is the most pro-2 stroke. Even if it's just to annoy earth rival Honda.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:04:02 PM by EJ »