Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Supercross Anaheim 1, Unexpected Battle!  (Read 8829 times)

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
Supercross Anaheim 1, Unexpected Battle!
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »
I was so excited when Dungey was leading nearly the whole race! I was clapping, and yelling, and, it was amazing, he was not even under my radar until now, Ryan Villopoto was a bit, but, he kind of disappointed me. I am sorry, but, I am just getting tired of these seasons where James runs away with the races. It gets boring. The Lites race I almost fell asleep in, and my friend actually fell asleep, I woke him up, and he said, this is boring me, I am going up stairs, and He missed the greatest race that I have seen in a while. It was quite exciting.
I'd rather be riding...

Recovered

Re: Supercross Anaheim 1, Unexpected Battle!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:00:41 AM »
It was great to see RD up front, and then battle back after he was passed.

As for RV...2009 was a bad thing. 2010 is looking the same. He needs some help in the brain bucket area. He needs to ride the 450 like he rode the 250.

I know, that goes against conventional wisdom. But CW is getting him nowhere...fast.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:08:13 AM »
Did you guys notice that James was struggling?? He was not riding with his usual aggression.... he pushed it to catch and pass Dungey, then settled back down and Ryan almost passed him.

Someone that interviewed James asked how he was doing and he said, no one is ever 100%.

As for Villipoto, there is so much hype surrounding this guy because of his 250F racing experience. But some folks are much better at racing small displacement machines... Johnny O'Mara comes easily to mind.

The track design, was very difficult for all the riders, there was almost no place for the top guys to make up time... the track was tight and the 450's were having difficulties clearing obstacles with ease. Plus it had no real rhythm...

Honestly I think it made for better racing...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »
Did you guys notice that James was struggling?? He was not riding with his usual aggression.... he pushed it to catch and pass Dungey, then settled back down and Ryan almost passed him.

Someone that interviewed James asked how he was doing and he said, no one is ever 100%.

As for Villipoto, there is so much hype surrounding this guy because of his 250F racing experience. But some folks are much better at racing small displacement machines... Johnny O'Mara comes easily to mind.

The track design, was very difficult for all the riders, there was almost no place for the top guys to make up time... the track was tight and the 450's were having difficulties clearing obstacles with ease. Plus it had no real rhythm...

Honestly I think it made for better racing...
I do believe that between the track not being so cookie cutter, and James not running away with the race, that was the best i have seen in a while.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline losec

• Intermediate
  • naaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
Villopoto had a cold according to some of the mainstream mx-websites
I never crash -I just make unexpected decelerations

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »
He may have had one, but, he still disappointed me even last year.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »
I just watched Supercross on speed for the first time in years, and it sucks!!! >:( I liked it better with the two strokes, these guys are soooooooo lazy on these things that Kevin Windham can finish 3rd. Talk about the four stroke being a good vet bike.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
I just watched Supercross on speed for the first time in years, and it sucks!!! >:( I liked it better with the two strokes, these guys are soooooooo lazy on these things that Kevin Windham can finish 3rd. Talk about the four stroke being a good vet bike.

You've just explained why by the 6th or 7th round I totally lose interest in the Supercross series.... it's not the coverage that sucks, it's the absurd displacemnet rules that "killed" two-strokes.

Life is short.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »
"I just watched Supercross on speed for the first time in years, and it sucks!!! Angry I liked it better with the two strokes, these guys are soooooooo lazy on these things that Kevin Windham can finish 3rd. Talk about the four stroke being a good vet bike."

WOW, thats a huge statement, but to each his own.

Recovered

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »

I hate to break it to you, but Windham's success can't be attributed to 4T's. You can thank lazy, out of shape young riders (hello Milsaps, Tedesco, Short, and the rest who finished behind KW) who could care less where they finish. The 8th place paycheck is good enough for them.

If RV has a cold that makes him THAT slow (he was passed by KW and Short!!!) he should have done everyone a favor and stayed home. There is no rule that says he MUST ride a 450. He can ride a 250F or 250 2T. He would be faster on either. But we will never know because that is what all of Japan wants him to ride (read 4T here).

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »

Villopoto is fat and out of shape...and the kid was way faster on his 85cc!!!!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Recovered

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »

Villopoto is fat and out of shape...and the kid was way faster on his 85cc!!!!!

He was pretty fast on the 250F (and dominate too).

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
Did anyone notice that the commercial for the rest of the series used the sound of Two Stroke motorcycles?
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
Did anyone notice that the commercial for the rest of the series used the sound of Two Stroke motorcycles?
Ya, I noticed that as well, the bike companies aren't dumb, they know the true sound of motocross, this was also the case with the movie supercross, they had a four stroke bike, but, it was a two stroke sound.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »
I know it's off-topic, but we got a Wii system for Christmas (Thank you Santa!) which is the first video game I've owned since Pong! Picked up the MX vs. ATV game only because it has two-stroke sounds for the bikes!!

By the way I suck at it!!! :P :P
Life is short.