Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: New 2 stroke classes in REM MX racing @ Glen Helen  (Read 1868 times)

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
New 2 stroke classes in REM MX racing @ Glen Helen
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/DEVILS-DROP-IS-BACK-REM-ADDS-THE-FORMER-CARLSBAD-O-7744.aspx

New 125 classes, and newly (re)designed track! I was getting into REM MX right before I deployed over here. I recommend anyone near Glen Helen (or any track that has REM racing) check it out. Can't wait until I get back. :)

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: New 2 stroke classes in REM MX racing @ Glen Helen
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
i raced with them this morning!  WAY fun!  i raced the 125 class.  7 guys on the line.  they said it was kinda light, usually a few more.  still it was a very well prepped track, fun layout and good competition.  the ''new'' obstace is a 6', nearly vertical drop off in the back. as soon as you land you gotta be turning. it's fun. you go thru a ''chicane'' of turns then drop, then on the gas turning up a steep ridge, then another ''chicane'' on top before going down the far side.
i had a hi speed low side get off in my 2nd moto.  going thru a speed turn they had just watered.  bike slid away from me. i slid on my side like a base runner stealing 3rd. jumped up, nothing hurt, so i got back on and continued.  i only lost a couple positions....

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
checkout the pics from saturdays races....

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/REM-GLEN-HELEN-MOTOCROSS-RACE-REPORT-KYLE-CUNNINGH-7751.aspx

scroll down the pics to the ''devil's drop''.  it was intimidating at 1st, then a spot to pass or get position to pass.....  :o
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:10:30 PM by Dirt Addict »

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
devil's drop looks like a blast.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!