Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 02 cr250 power valve question (trouble shooting)  (Read 2635 times)

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
02 cr250 power valve question (trouble shooting)
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
the valve does not move when it is revved?  how can i test it ?  it has a new cylinder just put on with clean valves new piston started bike let warm up and revved it to make sure they worked ? they didnt move it has the rc valve on it (electric)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: 02 cr250 power valve question (trouble shooting)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:52:39 AM »
I'd just drive it.If the power is flat mid and up,it likely isn't working.You may not be able to test it by revving it on the stand-I know my RZ wouldn't and it was electric,and worked fine.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:30:26 AM »
In the case of the Yamaha DT/WR 200s with a servo motor controlled powervalve,the servo motor would go through a "reset cycle" when you first started the bike.I'm not sure if the 02 CR250 is the same but it might be something worth checking.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:34 AM »
If you haven't got a manual, find one. There's a heck of a lot more to these than your std, run of the mill, ball and ramp PV system.

It could be anyone of a few mechanical assembly issues, and / or electrical issues - TPS working / unconnected -  wires loose/unconnected at anyone of a few points, through to simple maladjustment of actuating cables.

There's something wrong if it doesn't open and shut when on the stand and revving it. I only know this by seeing them actuate in that setting - I've been back on a non PV 2t for the last 11 years now, I think I'd probably re-assemble even the most simple PV mechanism the wrong way nowadays......... :-[