Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hi Forum-New here.  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Kodackamera

• Novice
  • The future is bright...
    • View Profile
Hi Forum-New here.
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:09:44 AM »
Hi fellow two strokers.

I've been following the TSM website keenly for about a year now and have decided to join the forum.

The irony is that I have never had any experience of Motocross whatsoever, in fact, it is something I'd like to learn alot more about and experience!

My background story is, my father was an engine tuner for two stroke road racing teams in the 70's, his engines competed and won races in the british championships of the time and competed in the isle of man TT. He now runs a design business along with home development crews, when I recently revealed to him news on new two stroke technology, you could see his soul fire up with imagination!

Myself I was never into motorcycles until about 3 years ago. I spent my early life as a quiet boy, never "moving to" any sports or interests enough to make something of them. I then got into Digital audio which i worked with until I was 18, I decided it wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, however it remains a keen interest.

I spent a year or two moving through small jobs aimlessly, not knowing what I wanted to do. Then after saving money I bought my motorcycle, a 2 stroke, naturlich.

My father and I one rainy miserable day, went into an Aprillia dealer to buy some tyre repair, as the guy went off to get something, we could see in the back, a young guy my age, working on some bikes in a bad way. My dad said to me "you could do his job, and better!"

So two years ago at age 21, I began my training as a motorcycle mechanic, since then I have been awarded student of the year, advanced to the electronics/diagnostics based training and have met professors and designers from mclaren, norton and other manufacturers along the way. My dream is to design my own vehicles and see what can also happen!

Glad to be here.

Long live two strokes.

ps.....and rotarys!
"The 500 is another world. The bike come from another world."
-Valentino Rossi

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Forum-New here.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:09:15 AM »
Wow,sounds like you're off to a good start.Welcome aboard 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:21 AM »
Welcome!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:34:49 AM »
Welcome!

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Welcome aboard buddy. Swing a leg over and have a good time.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »
Awesome story!  I love to hear about new members joining up and taking a keen interest in the sport :)
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 05:39:47 AM »
Welcome, I know it's a tough time these days for youngsters to find that path of life in which to follow. I had a tough time finding mine, and my 20 yo son is there now too, standing at the cross roads with so many choices.
I commend you on your accomplishments, and wish you well in your future.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 07:53:19 AM »
Welcome aboard.You know there is the old saying:"Do what you love in life and you will never work another day". ;D

Offline Kodackamera

• Novice
  • The future is bright...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »
Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. See you on the board.

Looking forward to owning and riding my first enduro/mx, thinking of a second hand kx, but since it's not an immediate need, I'd maybe prefer waiting and saving a long time for a new bike, to keep on top of servicing from the get go.
"The 500 is another world. The bike come from another world."
-Valentino Rossi

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:22 AM »
Truth be told, a new bike from the dealer has barely enough grease in the bearings, to make them work. You will need to take it apart and repack everything, lube all the cables, antiseize all the bolts, replace all the fluids, and remove the coating they put on the brake rotors so they don't rust on the boat over here, so buying a used 2 to 5 y/o bike really wouldn't be much more of a hassle than buying it new, besides the $ you save over new could be put back into the bike to get the necessary aftermarket parts for protection and  to set it up to your particular type of riding
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline sadmemories20

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
Wow,sounds like you're off to a good start.Welcome aboard

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »
welcome :P