Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What other SPORTS R YOU INTO  (Read 8569 times)

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: What other SPORTS R YOU INTO
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »
Here you go Jetz,  http://aircombatusa.com/   , surprised you haven't heard of it before. As for the L-39's, we have one at our shop for sale right now for $65,000. We also have a MiG-15 that was just sold. Here's where I work,   http://aviationclassics.com/ACL/Home.html
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 03:06:34 AM »
Yeah, I've heard of prop-based programs, but I'm talking about high-subsonic jets, like in the same class as a T-45, with a HUD, basic radar, and LCOS gunsight.  Something like that.  The style of fighting is a lot different with the higher speeds because you get a lot more freedom to go vertical, and the more modern-style fighter wings have very different dynamic characteristics to the classic straight wings.  They encourage much more high-g maneuvering because their peak turn-rates come at higher speeds because of the wing design.  It's like a sort of powerband for wings.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Recovered

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
Not that ive ever really seen dogfighting...i have seen the blue angels hundreds of times.  They practice their maneuvers in the canyon behind my aunts house.  Pretty cool...seen what i would think were near misses but im sure they knew what they were doing.

as far as other sports....i play madden on PS3, does that count?

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »
In 5th grade we played other schools in basketball and fast pitched softball. We never lost a game,total domination basketball was awesome at a away game a huge Indian man ran onto the court and called me all kinds of curse words, I thought it was funny. At the home games k thru 6th grade,teachers,adults-fa 8)  40 steals and 90 rebounds-nobody could hit a shot.haha My last year playing was in 10 grade,I was a super stud,strangers would pay to see the hot shot kid play-me :P. So division 1 scouts would travel hundreds of miles to check me out,and man did I put a show on, a rebound animal, a sharp shooter, and crazy dunker doing double pumps with the ball with 2 hands,then spin 180 and dunk with massive agression,then skip down the flour and point at the other coach laughing. I was super cocky thru all the years,at away games after we won,I went after there cheer leaders.haha I had no way to get to practice in 11th grade,since my pal neighbor wasn,t going out. The school wanted me to Live at the atheletic director,s house, because my Mom worked 3to 11 pm, and I did what ever I wanted to, alot of .5 barrell parties on school nights. My dad abanded me at 11 years old, to make it short I thru away a free ride and maybe a NBA career. There,s alot of pressure, your carring the team, representing the school, the town, alot of people counting on you, I Loved it all. The biggest mistake of my life, I should,ve moved into the atheletic directers house,I thought that it made my Mom look bad,so I stood up for her and ended up with nothing. Oh well I still enjoy b.ball and everyday,and I,m still way over confident-cocky,in everything I do and trucking is where I would,ve ended up anyway. I just can,t say that I played div.1 and kicked butt in the big 10 conference. 8)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
In high school physical fitness exams other offroaders and myself kicked butt,we were usually in the upper 90th percentile.We were easily identifiable because we had huge necks compared to the other students - a result of having a helmet on all the time.We trained with a vengeance and it showed - I came within seconds of beating the area cross country running champion in one race.The coaches were always after us but it didn't matter,we were (and are) dirt bikers.

I have a test from the late 70s where the level of fitness of motocrossers was compared to other sports disciplines.Mike Bell was the test subject and his endurance/strength results were literally off the charts.The soccer players matched him for endurance and pound for pound he was far stronger then any football player.I wonder how steroids and other drugs would affect the results today?

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
I played soccer for pretty much my whole life till my sophmore  year of high school, I've ridden bicycles since 75, I was 3, got on one of my nieghbors two wheelers and took off down the street, I raced BMX for a couple of years in the mid 80's, was more of a dirt jumper though, and rode 20" BMX bikes daily from 81 till 94 when work, a girlfriend and a reliable car took over. I still have a couple out in the garage. I was more into making/playing music, or drawing when I wasn't reading a MX mag or trying to park my rocket in a young lady's pocket.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
I really enjoy soccer, been playin since I was very little. Still play in Rec. leagues, and it is a great way to keep up your cardio and stamina! Still not as much fun as riding, but all is well.  8)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
The riding season in Wisconsin is short, so I like to do something instead of sitting around. I cross country ski a little, once or twice a year go down hill skiing, ice skate on a date, go bowling, going ice fishing next winter, racketball at the ymca, batting cage, I,ll do what ever the time allows.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
I really like basketball. But I also enjoy mountain biking, and it is a good trainer
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 11:22:28 PM »
Yeah moutain biking is fun to, I  don,t ride on the rough trails anymore, I run on them though. I ride on the streets the east side has some good points to hit, I end up stopping for ice cream and sometimes a bar with a patio on the river. I met a chick one time there, I  put my bike on there yaht and we went bar hopping. haha  I might put a bicycle on the back of the truck,if it will fit. It,s 15 degrees here right now, I didn,t feel like getting into a cold vehicle tonight, I,m ready for spring.

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
Im still in highschool and basketball just ended a month ago for me.  I just found out a week ago that i made all region, whatever that means.  I also play soccer for my high school which just started here.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
I only stick to extreme sports... Motocross and table tennis.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »
I do a lot of hiking, playing basketball, weightlifting, and track days on my sport bike.  :)
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
I kinda suck at riding although I love it. My other "sport" is boating and in this I have plenty of natural talent. Rather than waste this natural talant I apply myself and practice whenever I can. Sometimes a kid will ask how do you do it?  You make it look so easy. I just sip my beer and say I dunno, I just do it. 8)
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »
Sprint triathlons, snowmobiling, softball, hunting, and fishing all compete for my YZ time!!