Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What other SPORTS R YOU INTO  (Read 8574 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
What other SPORTS R YOU INTO
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
Just wondering if anybody plays another sport. I Love playing basketball, maybe more now than when I was a kid. I,LL play any sport,even bowling, I,m a terrible bowler but it,s fun.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: What other SPORTS R YOU INTO
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
I hate sports.  Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, don't like them.  However, if you call Bowling a sport I guess it's OK to do once every few years.  Playing pool is ok as well in that case.  But generally don't play and especially don't watch any sports. 
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:43:55 AM »
I like football a lot. I played in high school, now my 16 year old nephew plays and is good. He was voted most valuable defensive back last season and got honorable mention in his conference. So I help him practice a lot and it's fun.

I can't stand golf. I watch hockey occasionally. I like bicycles, I am not into road racing much but like watching BMX (racing not freestyle) and MTB racing. I have a 24" BMX bike still but don't ride it much.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:10 AM »
I basically like various forms of racing (favorite series is probably ALMS, although NASCAR used to be great in 1970, before it got slaughtered.)  I'm also a fan of dogfighting, which basically consists of two jet fighters trying to shoot each other out of the sky.  It's an amazingly complicated affair because of the infinite possibilities afforded by three dimensions of movement, and of course it's also very beautiful.  Now if only it didn't involve killing people at taxpayer expense...

The bits of vapor you see coming off the wingtips are caused by air running along the wing, and then running out of wing to run along, creating a very fast-moving low-pressure stream of air behind the plane.  This lowers the temperature, causing water to condense out of the air.  Depending on the temperature and how extreme the vortices are, you can get ice crystals forming occasionally.  The other vapor above the wing is also caused by low-pressure, this time simply caused by the wing doing its job.  This is serious hard-core engineering at its finest.  And oh yeah, that plane first flew in 1972.

You knew one day you'd figure out what in the hell my screen-name had to do with anything, and now you've found it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:54:17 AM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:07 AM »

You knew one day you'd figure out what in the hell my screen-name had to do with anything, and now you've found it.

I had always naturally assumed it was to honor Klaus Jetz.This would also explain the German Maico connection.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw-world.de%2Fdw%2Farticle%2F0%2C%2C4434602%2C00.html&rct=j&q=jetz%22%20gay%22&ei=h5lnTd7qI8TdgQeVle3LCg&usg=AFQjCNHz-90zEY4jRbyf8WApcE-Ogz6EgQ&sig2=6zZumupq6uMHpzS1Y4DQIA&cad=rja

Corp being a military term one could translate JetzCorp from the German to mean Jetz's army.
I'm still not so sure I'm not right :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:06:36 AM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:14 AM »

You are assuming we wondered what your name meant. Which is an incorrect assumption... :D :P

And war is not a sport.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:14:49 AM »

You are assuming we wondered what your name meant. Which is an incorrect assumption... :D :P

And war is not a sport.

Hahahahaha  :D

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:37 AM »
i did downhill,4cross and played 6 years in the town basket ball team

now i go to gym to get fit for motocross.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 09:24:01 AM »
I live for the outdoors and if I am not on a motorcycle I am skiing(cc or downhill),hiking,mountainbiking (cc or downhill) and I also enjoy boating(kayaks and canoes).

They've all passed away now but I had a bunch of gay crazy Aunts living in Berlin!

And Ford,only REAL men ride Maicos,I'll contact you when I think you are ready.Klaus Jetz sounds like a rocket scientist name and on that subject check out the theories of Burkhard Heim,they are amazing. :D

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »
Klaus Jetz sounds like a rocket scientist name

Along the lines of "I've got a rocket in my pocket?"
I don't believe I'll google that other name-and don't bother to contact me-I'll never be ready for that.You and Jetz are on your own. :o :D

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
i also do snowboarding but this winter we didin't had that much snow

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »
Jetz, you should go to Fort Lauderdale in May some year.  We have the Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea Show, which is pretty fantasic.  You can lay on the beach all day getting drunk while you watch air planes fly a few feet over your head at high speed and shoot guns into the water.  I remember they had a huge 747 flying right over the beach and it was doing flips and tricks, it was pretty amazing at how limber that big plane is you usually don't think of that when you see those things.   They also have in air fueling and stuff like that.  puts any air show portland does to shame.  The sea part of the show is less interesting.  "look you can see a hover craft, kinda, off shore somewhere!"

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
I would like to see dogfighting (the aerial kind, not the furry kind) made into a civilian sport.  In training exercises they're able to simulate kills without any live ammunition being on the plane, so the technology exists to do it... kinda safely.  The main problem is the expensiveness of the hardware, that F-15E I posted costs something like $50 Million, a cheaper F-15A will run you "only" $30M or so, new.  Used, you're looking at $10M or so, but you have to buy them from the USAF and something tells me you'd have to fill out a couple of big scary documents.

So obviously, it'd be a sport only for the very rich, or for use by renting planes from a private company for a fee.  But I believe you could make a fairly decent subsonic jet for $1-2 million if you make it small and use off-the-shelf technologies.  I think a 6G-capable airplane would be feasible for that price, and of course flying one would be such an amazing thrill that I'm sure some people would gladly pay thousands for a day.  I would.  There are already services that let you rent a brand-new Ferrari for a day, so I think this could really be seen as sort of a big version of that, and of course you could also charge for BFM and ACM lessons, licensing, and even simple rides.  And considering that fighters are generally built to survive continued heavy service for 30 years, the long-term profitability of such an organization may well actually work.

Interestingly, the Russians made a trainer-jet called the L-39 Albatros, which you can buy (used, of course) today for less than $300,000.  Performance is a little wet; just 0.8 mach and 36,000ft, but it just kills any car you can get for the price.  I don't care about your 0-60 time, what's your 0-600 look like?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4475994/

They even get the stelth bomber fly over head.  It's a great show, in the past it was sponsored by McDonalds.  Not sure who is sponsoring it this year.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
I am into Track bikes(Fixed Gear Cycling) which is one hell of a way to get fit, other than that I guess riding 2 stroke atv's when I have one? I played foot ball in freshman year in high school(2005), but it did not work out as the couches favored the students they had been working with for the last 5 years.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!