Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: lets see what the two stroke can do  (Read 3615 times)

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: lets see what the two stroke can do
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »
I hate the sound of a 4T single, but damn does a Harley sound sweet!  It's the two-wheeled equivalent of a Hemi Charger - a true muscle bike.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:10:04 AM »
Travis Pastrana is an anomaly... he is amazing on a dirt bike. Many have given him a hard time for not concentrating on motocross racing, including myself. But he has certainly brought motocross into the limelight with his down home charm and riding ability.

I always find myself cheering for him no matter what crazy stunt he chooses next. In a way he's like the modern day Evil Kenevil... only much cooler!  ;D ;D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »
As far as I am concerned Travis has THE LIFE, he is a guy who likes to ride dirt bikes and have fun and has found a way to make alot of money doing it.  The best part is he doesn't have to deal with team managers and sponsors and a fitness schedule and a riding schedule and flying to every race and...  He wakes up when he wants and if he wants he goes and rides his bike, if he doesn't he goes and jumps out of an airplane or drives a rally car.  I don't see how it could get much better than that.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
As far as I am concerned Travis has THE LIFE, he is a guy who likes to ride dirt bikes and have fun and has found a way to make alot of money doing it.  The best part is he doesn't have to deal with team managers and sponsors and a fitness schedule and a riding schedule and flying to every race and...  He wakes up when he wants and if he wants he goes and rides his bike, if he doesn't he goes and jumps out of an airplane or drives a rally car.  I don't see how it could get much better than that.
And don't you notice, that 90% of the time, he is on his rm250, we all know which bike he prefers:)
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 06:32:41 AM »
And don't you notice, that 90% of the time, he is on his rm250, we all know which bike he prefers:)

One of the better kept "secrets" in motocross is that many of the pro racers "prefer" two-strokes. Unfortunately when they are paid big bucks or given free bikes and support from a company, they can not publicly say that.

In fact there is one racer I know of that would have probably won a championship last year had the entire field been on two-strokes. But that is crying over milk that hasn't even been spilled!!

Go Travis, Go!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!