Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Fantic 2011  (Read 2578 times)

Offline 125mx.com

• Novice
  • The Bullshits Stopped
    • View Profile
    • 125mx.com
Fantic 2011
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted, but I just found this

http://www.fanticmotor.it/
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Fantic 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »
This is great stuff, anything that brings back a great brand into bigger capacity production of 2ts is good by me. Using Gas Gas engines. I've read that it has an adjustable head angle - if so, and the bare frame pics are of that set up, they must be using a ball and socket steering tube / lower clamp interface, together with something of the sort to go with the adjusting plate shown on the top triple clamp. Could be just adjustable offset as well.

Ancillotti have shown full size bikes using TM motors - Gas Gas used TM motors in their first years of Enduro / MX production.

What I am VERY eagerly awaiting is the Ossa Enduro bike. I thought they would be showing it EICMA, but it is now scheduled for Jan / Feb unveiling. Little old Ossa could be  (well, they have been, with the TR280ei) the first to bring out a modern 2t.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:52:37 AM »
One motor to rule them all
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Bioflex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:06:43 AM »
I've never bought a new care or bike in my life, and logic says I never should.
Whoever is the first to bring out a FI or DI 2T bike will be the first to change my mind.

It would be massively ironic if it was a company such as Ossa. The licensing from Orbital for this stuff (which has been proven to work on test bikes, production snow mobiles as well as marine engines) would be absolute peanuts for a company as large as Honda.
Let's just hope they get on the bandwagon eventually, while the the other believers get a nice enough head start on them.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 08:33:45 AM »
I always stick my money where it gives me the greatest return (and satisfaction).I spend as little money on automobiles as possible and what ever it takes to get the finest Euro dirtbikes.I've always been happy this way.

If the new Ossa trials bike is any indication, the new enduro should be something special.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 10:34:08 AM »
DANG! Those are sweet! I wanna ride one!