Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: fuel injected TM 2t  (Read 13049 times)

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
fuel injected TM 2t
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: fuel injected TM 2t
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
So the TM will have a servo-motor controlled powervalve like the Yamaha DT/WR 200s and the last case reed Honda CR250?

New model releases seem to run in cycles, when Japan is stagnant Europe fills in the gap and vice versa.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »
Interesting.
Will wait and see what happens.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
Just read an small article on the ossa injected 2t trials bike, in the article it mentioned Ossa will be releasing a injected 300 2t enduro in the next 12 months.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
I still can't get terribly excited over injection unless it's of the direct persuasion.  I'm not saying traditional fuel-injection would be a bad thing to add to the bikes, but what we need is a revolution, not an evolution.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 08:57:27 PM »
For once I agree with Jetz.  ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »
I give up on a fuel injected/direct injected 2 stroke lots of talk no action! It's all good I'm fine with my carb

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
There is a MASSIVE difference between direct injection and fuel injection, forget direct injected dirt bikes, replacing the carb with a throttle body is possible ...............if your pockets are deep enough.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 04:46:57 AM »
I still can't get terribly excited over injection unless it's of the direct persuasion.  I'm not saying traditional fuel-injection would be a bad thing to add to the bikes, but what we need is a revolution, not an evolution.

Agreed!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
What ever gets the 2-stroke back in business here is all I want. Whatever the enviros happy, I guess. Hopefully TM won't screw up their bikes like Honda did to the 05-07 2-strokes. I'm sure they won't, but...

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »
What ever gets the 2-stroke back in business here is all I want. Whatever the enviros happy, I guess. Hopefully TM won't screw up their bikes like Honda did to the 05-07 2-strokes. I'm sure they won't, but...

Honda didn't screw up the 05-07s, they improved them over the 02-04 (and by quite a bit)... But Honda had already planned for the 2 strokes to be obsolete with the introduction of their 450 in 2002. They left a lot on the table, so sad they didn't finish as there was (and is) so much potential in their case reed motors.

Maybe TM will introduce a programmable valve so you can tune it like you do on the KTMs with the springs on their mechanical PV... That'd be nice. Throw that in with EFI or DI and it'd be beyond sweet.

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »

Honda didn't screw up the 05-07s, they improved them over the 02-04 (and by quite a bit)... But Honda had already planned for the 2 strokes to be obsolete with the introduction of their 450 in 2002. They left a lot on the table, so sad they didn't finish as there was (and is) so much potential in their case reed motors.

Maybe TM will introduce a programmable valve so you can tune it like you do on the KTMs with the springs on their mechanical PV... That'd be nice. Throw that in with EFI or DI and it'd be beyond sweet.

Sorry but i had to reply to you on this I had a KTM 250sx with variable power valve springs but all this talk of 'tuning them' is a load of rubbish all that happens is the stronger the spring the more you disable and weaken the power valve, you dont get anything extra from doing this in different parts of the rev spectrum - if you choose the strong spring it just doesnt let the power valve come in - until its to late for it to give any extra sort of power you'd even notice, its basically for riders who cant handle a power valve - great for novices but of no use for anyone used to riding a decent 2 stroke.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »

100% Correct, I had a 2002 CR250, My Son has a 2006 CR250, His is way better than the 2002, I think it is better than my 2010 YZ250 as well.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 01:41:47 PM »

Sorry but i had to reply to you on this I had a KTM 250sx with variable power valve springs but all this talk of 'tuning them' is a load of rubbish all that happens is the stronger the spring the more you disable and weaken the power valve, you dont get anything extra from doing this in different parts of the rev spectrum - if you choose the strong spring it just doesnt let the power valve come in - until its to late for it to give any extra sort of power you'd even notice, its basically for riders who cant handle a power valve - great for novices but of no use for anyone used to riding a decent 2 stroke.

I get what you are saying, But still disagree, I see value in adjusting the power curve for varying conditions. No matter how good your throttle control is, Sometimes less is more.

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »

I disagree, it's a valuable option for tuning the bikes for different tracks (I run the red spring a lot on the 4 stroke groomed tracks). (I have a 2010 250SX btw)...