Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: World Vet Championships - Glen Helen  (Read 2024 times)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
World Vet Championships - Glen Helen
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:18:53 AM »
Anyone going or racing this event ?? I just noticed that Willy Musgrave was riding a trick Service Honda CR250 in the over 40 pro class, and finished fifth overall. This was against the likes of Dubach, Gordon Ward, Ron Lechien, and Kurt Nicoll. An awesome result against riders of this caliber. Shawn Wynne also managed an eighth place finish, but it did not say what he was riding, just the fact that he was on a two stroke. Would be great to see some photos or a write up from the event !!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline PitRacer

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • PitRacer.com
Re: World Vet Championships - Glen Helen
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »
I made the trek from Ohio with a few friends for our first ever ride/race at Glen Helen.  It was amazing. 

I have a 2006 RM125........but for this event I chose to ship out my RMZ450 pig thumper.  Yes, I know.  Karma came to me though as in my INT classes I was handily passed and beaten by a Swedish racer on.... yes a 2006 RM125 just like I left sitting at home!

The two strokes sounded amazing ripping up those long uphills.  There were several of them in the +30 Pro on Sunday, it was sweet.

Here's a pic of Musgrave, according to MXA he was on a 2001 CR250.

PitRacer.com - Ohio Motocross

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: World Vet Championships - Glen Helen
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the update. It was on the MXA website that I saw the results for the Saturday, and they mention Musgrave a few times, and state that he is on a 2011 CR250. I took that as meaning a Service Honda CR250. Obviously that is wrong, and he is actually riding the 01 CR250. The dude can ride. Great to hear that you had a good weekend. Also great to hear that there were plenty of two strokes out amongst it. Hopefully we see you making news next year winning vets classes on your 125.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!