Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Vforce3 installation for 2006 RM 250  (Read 5529 times)

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
Vforce3 installation for 2006 RM 250
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:43:43 AM »
Is the spacer plate (between the jug and the reed cage) also used when the vforce 3 is installed?  I cant find any info on the moto tassinari website and it seems that the manifold to the airbox gets some binding if it is used.  The thickness of the vforce is almost as think as both the spacer plate and the standard reed cage mount.  Is there any difference if the spacer is or is not used?  any experience is apreciated.  Thanks

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: Vforce3 installation for 2006 RM 250
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:08:41 AM »
Welcome to the forums!
I don't think any spacer is used, the VForce goes in as a self contained unit.

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
i had an 06 rm250 and installed the v-force.  no need for the spacer.  i tried it both ways and no difference.
.... now the downside.... the oem reeds work better. i ended up selling the v-force. suzuki got the rm down really good in 05 and 06.  do the comparison for yourself.  the rm's motor works great stock. jet it for your riding, get the suspension dialed and spend your money on fuel, oil and track fees....

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
Thanks DA.  I put it in without the spacer and will do the testing this afternoon.  I agree with you the stock Suzuki is great.  Its an 08 not 06.... essentially the same with BNG. I was hoping to get a few more ponies out of it (also added a PC pipe) because we have just added a 300 yard long deep sand section just out of a tight turn to our local track and I am getting out horsepowered there by the 450's.... 

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:13:24 AM »
Looks like more testing is in order.  I think I am getting more impact from the PC pipe as it has gained high end, at the price of low, which I dont really like.  At 6'2" and 220 lbs, I definitely found myself slipping the clutch more than usual....  I will try it again this weekend with the stock pipe!

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
Get a VF 2 the grey one ;)

Offline Rota Ash

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 05:53:47 AM »
try a set of boyesen pro series reeds, i threw a set in my rm and it was the best bang for buck mod i have made. i havn't tested back to back boyesen pro series reeds to v force in my bike but all my mates have v force and none perform as well as my bike. ktm 300's included

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »
i'm running the boyeson pro's in one of my bikes.  i like the snappy response. kinda pricey but every once in awhile you kind find a deal on them.
on my rm i ran the oem pipe/reed combo and it felt the strongest out of the options i tried.
at 220lbs try going up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket.  it is tough going against the 450's on long sandy/ uphill starts.  shift up as fast as you can.  try holding it open longer than them, deeper into the turn and carry that momentum out of it. ...i know... easier said than done...
most of my moto's i spend working my way from mid pack forward.  but thats the fun part for me.

Offline Rota Ash

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 11:39:21 PM »
pricey? mine were $62 AU compared to $380 for the V Force

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 03:23:22 AM »
Thanks again for all of the input guys!  I have it set up now with the VF3 and a PC pipe; which seems to rip in the soft stuff.  Our track here is a combination of very loose soft soil, followed by almost blue groove sections with rocks (like riding on marbles...) then back to loose sections.  We practice in the dry and it is very slippery so good low end grunt is important.  The track is watered for racing however, which changes everything and the loose parts become tacky and the hard becomes super slick....

My plan is to try in this way for the weekend and see how it goes.  If it is too hard to keep hooked up then the oem pipe will go back on and I will see how that works.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 04:47:11 AM »
Good stuff.Keep us updated. 8)
I've had better luck with the Boyesen Pro Series and have heard good things about the Rad Valve though I've never used it.
Some swear by the V Force though.I think probably some bikes just work better with one or the other-not that one is always better than the other.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 02:05:15 AM »
Ok after a good day at the races yesterday I think I have a verdict....  it is time to go back to the oem pipe!  The PC is too hard hitting for our slippery track.  Although I did pretty well, it definitely seemed to wear me out more than normal.  The back end was constantly stepping out looking for traction.  It sure was nice ripping in the damp sandy parts of the track though!!!  I'll put the pipe on for ripping up our desert playground over here instead.

I am proving some of the current forum discussion on "toning down the 2T"....  I dont advocate toning anything down but it is completely necesary to get that power on the ground!  In the slippery stuff good low end is a must.  I think I will have my trusty steed sorted now with the VF reeds, stock pipe and the 6oz flywheel weight!

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »
Okay guys, dont mean to interrupt but would adding the Boyesen rad valve do much to my kx125? Would it do more versus adding a shorty silencer instead of my turbine core 2 silencer? Rmguy, i totally understand what your saying about the toning down 250s. They have all the power in the world but they are so hard to get the power to the ground when the rear wheel is sliding out from under you on every corner.

Offline rm250guy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »
Howdy cm493.  I didnt see any reply to you yet.  This post has been up there awhile so you nay want to start a new post for your kx and see what you get....

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
put a 120 rear tire on it like I did, it'll do a back flip from standing still now.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.